587,704 active members*
3,669 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question fanuc -om peck cycle

i have a fanuc om control on a hmc and trying to figure out how to stop machine in middle of peck to sharpen drill then restart with that same hole. cant seem to be able to jump around in program and start at a certain hole.

Try K0 on your drill cycle line.
    (This dissables the cycle at that X Y Loc, but still sets up the cycle)
    Then add a K1 on the line of code you want to start the cycle on. (It may be L0 and L1 for your Fanuc)
    Of course you're going to be in single block to do all this, so you can skip to where you need to go in the program...
    Scott_bob

thanks that worked great with the ko

:cheers: thanks scott the ko seems to do the trick

I am not sure if this would work for you, but I have to write it. What I do when a drill is starting to sqeel while cutting is, I hit feed hold, go to the relative position page, zero all the axis (really only need z) hit MPG, move the z out of the hole, remove the tool and sharpen. If your tool length doesn't change much, depending on what depth you need, you can get away with this. You put the tool back into the machine, move back to relative zero, put into Auto and hit cycle start. As long as you don't hit reset and missing a few thousands on your tool lenght doesn't matter, everything will be ok. You could go back to the tool presetter and pull the drill out the extra couple of thousands, so that the offset is still the same. That's if you even use a tool presetter. I do this on OM-F controls all the time.