587,224 active members*
3,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Filters between EdgeCAM and postprocessor

Filters between EdgeCAM and postprocessor

Hi!

I am using Edgecam Advanced milling and a Haas-VM2. What ever preparation I do in Edgecam I get a sense of that EdgeCAM is generating unnecessary small X/Y/Z-movements.

To my question then, is there any filter in the NCcode-generator that skip some movements for example, movements under 0,005mm wont be generated?
    I believe that would be more easy for the machine to read the NCcode. And make a more smooth movement.

Grateful for answers!

Patnex

No one who knows anything about filters?
    Or have I not explain what I mean well enough?

Which operation are you using? Check the "line arc smoth" box it will result in shorter code if the model isn't drawn with small increments.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Eh, this filter I am talking about should not be dependent of an operation or cycle. I want to erase small steps like "0,001mm - 0,005mm" in the NC-code.
    Now see if I get your suggestion right: You want me to change the NC Output Smoothing to None or Spline?

I was told from a reseller of MasterCam that "there has to be some setting that I can change, so that small steps like 0,001-0,009 will not be posted".
    Over 300 different users have looked into this thread and no one knows anything about what I am asking for? :S

Might just be me but i suspect that over 300 users suspect that you have an abrasive personality, after your answer to simon.

I'll answer the same way you do.

Why don't you ask an edgecam reseller instead of a mastercam one?
    It will probably be more productive. :tired:

Trust me I have talked to EdgeTech, they can´t help me. But somehow I got in touch with AME the reseller of Mastercam and they told me this.
    If you like to analyze poeples personality go to Facebook instead of writing half-good questions in this thread.