588,126 active members*
6,465 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fixtures

Fixtures

Thought I had posted this earlier today but I don't see it.

Is it possible with BobCAD V23 to create a tool path that will avoid fixtures? In talking to sales I was told you could do that in the verify part, which is currently not working with my demo version. Wish I could have verified before purchasing, but I figured I would ask while waiting to my disks

Good question. Call them and ask, and post the answer here if you don't mind. I seem to recall this being discussed before I bought as well, but I don't see that ability now (I have made a cursory search, but not totally in depth). You have free tech support for a few months, I suggest you use it!

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    Good question. Call them and ask, and post the answer here if you don't mind. I seem to recall this being discussed before I bought as well, but I don't see that ability now (I have made a cursory search, but not totally in depth). You have free tech support for a few months, I suggest you use it!
    If I had the luxury of time to call I would, I just so happened to call the other day to order because it was a Holiday and I was on vacation.

I was hoping the users on here were familiar enough with the software to know and give some suggestions on how they do it. If not, I will find out soon enough when my CDs get here and can post the answer.

i've used bobcad for almost a year havent really found a good way to avoid clamps,fixtures or anything like that that.played around and only been able to feed from clearance points not rapid to part then feed.would like to know how also if anyone knows

BobCad does not have a way to define a fixture and avoid it. This is done with feature geometry selection, boundries and rapid/safe Z heights.

If anyone wants to post an example file, we could probably see a few different ways it is handled by a few different users.

@Burtman... I was thinking that is what was being referred to was the boundaries and Z depth.

I will go ahead and post a file. This was just given to me to see if my new machine would duplicate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wheel-rhino.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files