587,708 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FJV-250 w 640M spindle rpm read issues

ok so we've burned out 3 spindle motors in 1 - 1.5 years..the second time it was attributed to a shorted spindle drive.so it was replaced with a rebuilt unit.Ever since this 2nd replacement the machine keeps getting alarm "136 cutting block start interlock" during operation, where the machine just pauses.... when the alarm comes up if you go to the display page spindle RPM's start reading reading greater than what they are programed for at appx 6400 rpm and exponentially go up till appx 8000 when the display starts going back down until appx 9000 rpm when it reads correct up to 12000 rpm.Yet in the spindle monitor page it reads correctly through the whole rpm range. We've had an independent repair guy and Mazak both in to look at it...they've just been throwing parts at it..its such an intermittent prob that its only happened 1 out of 12 times. or so times a repair guys been here..I'll try to get a list of whats been done..but Mazak swapped the motherboard I believe and the AD-DA convert< not sure if thats what its actually called>, the independent swapped the AP1 board(hope thats right) in the back..and when the motor was changed the 3rd time<lmao> they replaced the spindle RPM/orient gear/sensor..this is getting annoying i have to modify all my progs to keep rpms out of that 6400-9000rpm range..any ideas?????????

Anyone? Anyone?

Hey,
    I just had a similar problem with my FH480 Horizontal. As it ended up, it was just a switchgear problem. M36-M40 are switchgear settings that allow the machine to access different spindle speed ranges. If the machine isn't in the correct gear, it pops up that error 136, which my operating manual describes as the machine pausing to wait for the spindle to reach the specified speed. Not sure if your problem can be corrected the same way. It's worth a shot, though.

Never mind! Aimless babbling! Sorry.
    Attached Files Attached Files