588,284 active members*
5,099 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FLA 100 Machine definition

I just ordered an fla100 and was wondering if anyone had a machine definition for mach3 that they would give me?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Cavender View Post
    I just ordered an fla100 and was wondering if anyone had a machine definition for mach3 that they would give me?
    Did you get the 3 Axis Electronics Kit? Simply download the G540 Software Configuration File (XML) for Mach here: Gecko G540

You'll also want to read the G540 Manual, G540 Initial Setup Guide, etc. on there too.

I am about to order the FLA100 also. I plan on using Mach3. I am trying to decide what cad/cam to use. I have access to solid edge at work. Anybody know what cam might go good with that. Or what affordable "easy" cad/cam would work?

Depends a lot on what you want to do.

Lots of folks find that LazyCam is good enough for them. It's free with Mach.

A whole lot of folks like the Vectric products. Cut2D is the starter program, but VCarve Pro is what really shines for many.

Sheetcam has a lot of very nice features, and is a really good basic CAM.

I'm partial to CamBam. It seems to have everything I expect in an inexpensive CAM product, and is evolving in a good direction IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jason75 View Post
    I am about to order the FLA100 also. I plan on using Mach3. I am trying to decide what cad/cam to use. I have access to solid edge at work. Anybody know what cam might go good with that. Or what affordable "easy" cad/cam would work?

There are many cam packages ranging from free to a few $thousand. Affordable is the key word. What do you plan on making? If you plan on making 2.5D stuff, Mach 3 comes with LazyCam. A step up could be CamBam Plus or Vectric Cut 2D (both $150).

The above can open a 2D DXF file too make your g-code.
    Cut 2D Link

After looking at the screenshots, Cambam Plus looks like it can do 3D (such as the horse on that page):
    Cambam LINK

For 3D, Vectric Cut 3D is $300, and VCarve pro is $600. These can import 3d .STL files. Some really love the Vectric stuff, others say it is too simple or limiting.