588,201 active members*
4,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Flexicam

Flexicam

Dear all,

Recently, the drilling holes process by our Flexicam router is run-out of around 0.5 mm along the x-axis when at 2.0 meter distance. Therefore many parts rejected by our QC. We performed the laser check on the machine and confirmed the run-out.

I phone contacted Flexicam people regarding the error compensation function in the controller but he said we "cannot" do pitch error compensation in flexicam. I am doubt is it true that flexicam do not have this pitch error compensation function or simply they do not want to help us? We are in south-east asia and no flexicam supplier in the region. If anyone of you can help us in "activate" the compensation fuction so we can input the error data for automatic compensation, which is common procedure for CNC controller.

Appreciate your help and thanks for reading.

Regards

Bobby

A Good friend of mine that has a flexicam had the same issue but the X axis was out of sink...and needed to be adjusted....on one side had backlass...

Hi HMB3000,

Your friend managed to correct the flexicam problem? Can share?
    I am thinking of adjust and re-tighten the motor position and hope so to solve the problem. Will do it next week.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Regards
    Bobby

backlash in ballscrews

That machine does not have ballscrews on X and Y axis.

Most likely the problem is backlash between rack and pinion which can be easily adjusted.

Worst case the pinions are worn out and need to be replaced.

Best you file a support request on FlexiCAM's website and the FlexiCAM support staff will contact you.