587,202 active members*
3,044 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Mechanical Calculations/Engineering Design > Free 3d Mechanical Cad Tool, Did anybody try the free 3D CAD too CoCreate is offerin

Question Free 3d Mechanical Cad Tool, Did anybody try the free 3D CAD too CoCreate is offerin

Did anybody of you test the 3D CAD from CoCreate yet? I'm still using 2D (AutoCAD) and looking for a 3D solution. Before I spend time to test new packages, I wanted to have more feedback from experienced users.

CoCreate says: "CoCreate OneSpace Modeling Personal Edition (PE) is the world's first free 3D CAD software which follows a Dynamic Modeling based approach. This software stands apart from any other CAD system you may have tried or are currently using. "

hansge

I'm not a 3D modeler. I have loaded it It seems to work pretty well. But the tutorials are sans audio so as they fly through creating an object I get left behind. But don't let my inexperience put you off. I've also tried Rhino, Alibre, Silo, MOI and Sketchup and I reckon I'm going to have to convince my son to learn one of these and teach me. It seems to be the whole concept of how you go about 3D modeling that escapes me. I'm an Autocad 2D type guy, but my background with that is electrical drawings.