587,177 active members*
3,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Gantry Machine Problem

Hi Friends,
    I am here again with a new problem that I would like to get suggestions from you all.
    The machine is a gantry model. The CNC used is one model Vision Le from ESAB. The assembly motor and driver are from Axor The motor is one CC.
    The problem is: when I stopped the equipment, the transversal motor goes on to move slowly. When I pressed the e-stop, cut off the enable signal from driver, it stops. I made some checks but the problem still happens. I checked the encoders, I exchange one encoder by other. I checked the offset of motors.
    May you all give me some guidance.

Alex S.A

Sounds like a tuning issue with the 0-10V signal.
    Your drives should have a bias balance adjust screw or something like that so that you get zero motion when 0 volts is applied.

Do you understand what I am describing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex S.A
    The CNC used is one model Vision Le from ESAB.
    I getting the feeling I know this machine much too well

As murphy says it may be an offset or null adjustment, but what you have to do is remove the analogue input to the drive and jumper the input terminals and see if the drift is caused internally by the drive i.e if the drive offset is out, or if the command D to A output needs to be nulled, some controls have a controller analogue null adjust. Which is adjusted by commanding a zero move with the motor drive disabled so it cannot move and check to see if there is 0v on the analogue output.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.