587,406 active members*
3,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GoTorch - competition

Is GoTorch the most impossible company to purchase from? They ONLY accept Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Well I can pay just about everyway you can think of but those and they won't do it. They are rude ontop of it.

So I guess my question is, what is a comparable CNC Plasma? I don't have time to build right now, and am not sure what to do, everything else is $$$.

Thanks in advance

Well a Torchmate 2x2 would be in the same ball park.

I'll check them out again, thanks!

Spendy, I'm bidding on eBay, but can't get over the reserve.

They are a division of PlasmaCam that is designed to handle sales 100% via internet based sales and service, the thought is to offer a great product and keep prices down. If you do not like to do business that way...then there are a lot of other choices!

These machines come with servo drives (all others in their price range use steppers) and have a motorized z axis (others have none). At the base price they have minimal cutting software....you can use and off the shelf CAD package to draw and export to the Go Torch with a .dxf file.

One of the nice features of the go torch is that you can upgrade to more advanced software, to height control and to advanced height control as you realize the need for it or have the budget. All upgrades can be done on line.

I have had PlasmaCam machines for over 14 years, currently have both a DHC2 4 x 4 and a Go Torch, both have all of the software and height upgrades. I have no complaints with them.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by BAMCNC.COM View Post
    Is GoTorch the most impossible company to purchase from? They ONLY accept Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Well I can pay just about everyway you can think of but those and they won't do it. They are rude ontop of it.

So I guess my question is, what is a comparable CNC Plasma? I don't have time to build right now, and am not sure what to do, everything else is $$$.

Thanks in advance

I want one, its just the payments they take is my issue, I would of had 3 sold for them, but they are rude and I let those other buyers know it.

Got the gotorch finally.

Here is my Go Torch, upgraded to advanced Design Edge software and full featured height control, mounted on top of a custom built fume control table. No smoke, no water splashing, no heat loss from my shop!

Link to a video of the first cut:Combine scene - YouTube

Jim Colt

Any idea how heavy is the machine in the box?
    I have to ship it from USA to South Africa,that's why i need to know how heavy it is!