587,830 active members*
2,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Graphics Card ? : Quadro FX3000 SW2009

Question Graphics Card ? : Quadro FX3000 SW2009

My workshop computer is a bit on the weak side for SW2009 and it has an older ADP card bus. So I rounded up a Nvidea Quadro FX3000 and it works pretty well with one exception.

When I edit a sketch, there's a strange grey plane-like box in window parallel to the working plane. It's definitley a video problem because when using software openGL it aint there.

Any ideas or experience with this card or a similiar problem?

Thanks!
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Check to see if you have the latest Drivers (can be found on the SW site) for your Card and then check the Nvidia Control Panel settings.

Set it for SW

What PC are you using? HP,DELL, Other?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Best I can tell, I have the lastest driver, I've tried several. I dont have net acess in the shop but maybe I'll bring the computer home and hook it up to the web again and try another driver or 2.

I've tried all the settings I can think of.

The computer is a single core Fujitsu Siemens – a consumer machine not a workstation – and it only has XP Home installed. It originally had a GE Force card.

It may just be that too many things are working against it. Mainboard can only address 2GB RAM which I have installed.

I can use the computer OK for the relatively simple parts I do now, it's just that the grey background thing is annoying.
    www.wilkins-knives.com