587,203 active members*
3,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > haas floppy to usb drive confusion

Angry haas floppy to usb drive confusion

up until 2 days ago i havent had any problems loading our floppy files. Now i cant format my discs at all, so i got a USB drive to replace it. this drive only has the input for the USB, a green busy light, and 2 buttons to control the 00-99 drive display on the actual USB drive. Does anyone have any recommendations or instructions as to how i can access my files?? stuck?

Re: haas floppy to usb drive confusion

Hi Mike,
    First, welcome to the forum !

Not really following you, have you used this set up prior on your machine and now unable to access files or is it a new installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Shea View Post
    Hi Mike,
    First, welcome to the forum !

Not really following you, have you used this set up prior on your machine and now unable to access files or is it a new installation?
    one of the pins on the wiring connector was broken off inside the floppy drive, and then obviously wasnt connecting once we plugged in the new usb drive. We got a new wire kit and harness and with the NEW usb drive, things worked great right away

Good, all's well that ends well as is said.