588,215 active members*
4,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas prices negotiable ??????

Haas prices negotiable ??????

Hi,

I'm 95% ready to order a TM-1P tool room mill.

The price shown on the website is $33995.00 (From California)

I'm buying from Haas Canada in Montreal, which is:

Sirco Machinery Company, Ltd

When I contacted them, they said that the price of the machine shipped and delivered to my door is around $40500.00 + taxes (around 15%).

My question is, do you think that the price can be negotiated or option can be added for free, like 3/4HP coolant pump or something similar.

I do not have the money to buy more options since this will be mainly for hobby and if I have jobs for it, I will consider this as a bonus.

I also must have some money to buy some tooling, couple of vises and cat40 holder.

Please, any advice will be appreciated.

Jeff

Maybe if you are paying 100% cash you can make a deal with your HFO. Normally they will throw in a bit of tooling (not Haas related - I think I got a couple grand worth) so this leads me to believe you won't get much extra from Haas.

They(HAAS) are SO busy right now they don't need your business. Not that they do business that way, but keep in mind they are the only (I think) machine builder that puts prices on their website, so they are pretty solid prices and can't really be negotiated much (if any).

I used to work at a Haas Beta site and they didn't even deal much on those machines.

If all you think you want is the coolant, search around here and elsewhere on the internet. I believe some guys have come up with some pretty cheap solutions for the toolroom machines for that.
    Tim

We are ordering a TM3 ourselves ( to be cut up for parts ). The last one we got a couple percent off, but not much wiggle room on the cheaper machines. It was pretty much up to the distributor. We buy about 3-10 CNC's a year, so they would like to get more business from us.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    ...(to be cut up for parts
    That sounds interesting! Care to post what you do with those parts?
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Thanks guys for those advice.

Jeff

Discount

When we purchased our Haas, we was only able to negotiate on the add-ons (accessories) and the warranty. It was a percentage discount through the dealer (Haas factory outlet). Good luck with your purchase.

GC:cheers: