588,500 active members*
4,908 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas TM-1 or...?

Dear sirs, I'm searching an comparable machine to the TM-1 model built by Haas.
    Thank You to everyone can help me.

regards, Ben

Unhappy

Does only Haas build a toolroom cnc mill??

...there is no comparison

Haas seems to have found/created a real niche with regard to the "tool room" mill.

Although Bridgeport may have preceeded them with a machine CAPABLE of tool room mill control (the late 90's V2XT's had the same BMDC controller as the MUCH more full featured VMC's of their day), sadly, they did NOT put the effort into the iron as Haas did. Too bad they didn't.

Although the BMDC control COULD have made a true tool room mill (ergo mini-VMC), the brilliant suits who ran Bridgeport (into the ground) clearly missed a golden opportunity to create a market for a tool room mill much sooner for a 'min-VMC/tool room mill'. Instead, they appear to have spent too much time/effort on cost cutting and other misdirected efforts that ultimately led to the demise of a machine tool icon.

I'd be inclined to concur with STYMYE that "...there is no comparision" if you consider the control, the features and the packaging of the TM-1 Haas. Haas created the "Bridgeport mill" of tool room mills and God bless them for doing so. They deserve the success that the machine can/will bring.

I have to agree with the latter statement. I fooled around with a milltronics toolroom mill but when it comes down to brass tacks Haas has the advantage. If you decide to upgrade to a larger model later on there is NO re-learning anything!!! Just push the button and go. It's all I run. I use a Super Mini Mill daily and am in the market for a VF-4 SS. Hats off to Gene Haas.

Haas TM-1 has been a great machine for myself. I purchased it a year ago and have had absolutely no problems with it.I would recommend getting as an option the 10 pocket tool changer as it is a real time saver and allows you to leave the machine to do other jobs . The only thing I would like to change is the max RPM, it is factory set at 4000 . The spindle cartridge is the same as the mini mill so I know it can do 6000. Also the new TM-1 that comes with a full sheet metal enclosure is also 6000. If any body knows the parameter changes required to get the max rpm to 6000 it would be greatly appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by coremach View Post
    Haas TM-1 has been a great machine for myself. I purchased it a year ago and have had absolutely no problems with it.I would recommend getting as an option the 10 pocket tool changer as it is a real time saver and allows you to leave the machine to do other jobs . The only thing I would like to change is the max RPM, it is factory set at 4000 . The spindle cartridge is the same as the mini mill so I know it can do 6000. Also the new TM-1 that comes with a full sheet metal enclosure is also 6000. If any body knows the parameter changes required to get the max rpm to 6000 it would be greatly appreciated .
    Read through this thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...ht=bogged+down