588,436 active members*
5,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas TM table enclosure

Hello,
    Just bought a 06 TM1 but there is no table enclosure. I'm looking for someone that has the table enclosure(with the two sliding doors) that can give me some measurements and pics so I can fab a copy up. I'm pretty good with sheetmetal and have a brake. Just can find any closeups with dimensions as I would like to make a close copy. Apparently Haas wants $700.00 plus. I have more time than money after this purchase.Thanks in advance.

Send me a PM with the specific info you need and I can take measurments on our TM-1 (2003). The gaurds will be the same for an '06. It may take me a day or 2 to get to it, but I'll help out. Does your machine have the pan extensions? If not I would recommend making those as well. The older TM series can be really messy if you plan to run coolant. Now that we have an enclosed mill, our TM will probably be designated for dry cutting only.

Here is also a link to a thread that may be of use to you.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/haas_m...enclosure.html

Chris

As someone who has used a TM-1 with the table enclosure I can tell you the previous owner has saved you the trouble. It's almost totally useless and just gets in the way (with a vise on the table you can't spin the handle because it hits the enclosure; more annoying than you can possibly imagine). If you're good with sheet metal do yourself a favor and just make up a full enclosure. You will be SO glad you did, especially if you ever plan to use the flood coolant system.

C|

I agree the enclosure is a hassle to deal with. I talked to the poster on the phone friday, and he has limited room in his shop. So for now just making a table enclosure is probably his best option.

Thanks for all the pics,Chris. Should be able to copy it cheaper than Haas wants for $1200.00. Appreciate the extra mile you went.

Chip enclosure

Finally got the table guards done and back from powder coating. Used it for a few weeks in the raw and it sure helped with the mess. Cost about $150.00 total as opposed to Haas wanting about $1300.00, ridiculous markup.
    Special thanks to Chris(CJH) who sent me pics and dimensions of his enclosure. CADed everything up, cut all the pieces with my plasma table, then bent it up with my brake. Went with 10 gauge rather then the factory 12gauge, extra stout.

Thanks again for the replies, especially you Chris.

Built a tool caddy while I was at it.

looks good!

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Glad it all worked for ya.