588,478 active members*
5,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas vf0 tool changer problem alarm 114

Haas vf0 tool changer problem alarm 114

Hello,
    I have a 2000 haas vf0 with a carasole tool changer. The tool changer is not siding right. It is not going to the left all the way sometimes, or not reaching the spindle sometimes. It is giving us an alarm 114 shuttle out fault, tool changer not completely to the left, parameters 62 and 63 can adjust the time out times.
    My parameters for 62 are 400 shuttle start relay
    Parameter for 63 are 2000 shuttle stop relay.
    I do not have the manual for this machine, since I bought it last year, second hand.
    My question is, are my parameters right, or is it something else.

thanks in advance, Frank

There is a crank arm on the output shaft of a gearmotor. This sometimes comes loose. Also on the end of the crank arm is a roller that runs inside a slot on the shuttle, this might have come loose also. Both of these would make the shuttle drive sloppy and lead to lost motion. You will need to take the top cover off to get at them.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

You might want to check the shuttle motor brushes.

Another possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by nevron View Post
    Hello,
    I have a 2000 haas vf0 with a carasole tool changer. The tool changer is not siding right. It is not going to the left all the way sometimes, or not reaching the spindle sometimes. It is giving us an alarm 114 shuttle out fault, tool changer not completely to the left, parameters 62 and 63 can adjust the time out times.
    My parameters for 62 are 400 shuttle start relay
    Parameter for 63 are 2000 shuttle stop relay.
    I do not have the manual for this machine, since I bought it last year, second hand.
    My question is, are my parameters right, or is it something else.

thanks in advance, Frank
    Frank,
    Also, check the limit switches up under the turret plate. They seem to get all gummy from dried up coolant, and will not release as quickly as they should. Thus, the timers will throw an alarm. Hope this will also help you.
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe

Thanks guys,
    I checked the arm to see if it was loose, it seemed alright. I also cleaned the brushes, and it ran good for 20 hours. Now today it is back to acting up. I checked the limit switches and it looks like the one on the left (home) has the sleeve broken and is real sloppy. You can move the push in wheel left and right, and up and down. I know I need a new one, but can not read the numbers on it and do not have the book. Does anyone have the numbers on it so I can order a new one?

thanks again guys, Frank

Frank,
    You will need to call your local HFO. They will need model#, serial# and discription of the switch. I would also encourage you to order (4) contact relays and keep them in your stock pile. They are very cheap and could get you out of a bind, IF the coil should happen to burn out. These relays are for the shuttle "In and Out", and the turret "CW and CCW" movements. They look like little ice cubes and normally will say "OMRON" on them. Good luck with your repairs.
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe

It should be this number for a 20 pocket changer. your hfo will know for sure if you just ask them. your machine should use the same switch for shuttle in/out drawbar clamp/unclamp and x,y,z, =home switch just the cables are longer,the newer machines now use prox sensors for some of these functions. It wouldn't hurt to have some in stock. Haas parts are priced decent from them direct.

32-2010 Limit switch shuttle In/Out 24"