587,132 active members*
3,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas wiring diagrams

I'm a new machinist running an older Haas VF-2. I'm currently trying to install an air solenoid turned on with the user M-codes. I got everything done except for finding a 115-120V supply in the cabinet. I don't have any wiring diagrams except for the operators manual which is no help at all. I'm fairly electrically savvy but I'm not real comfortable with three-phase or the high voltages used for the servo drives. My boss doesn't want an external power source for the solenoid and isn't to excited about me probing inside the machine with a meter. Most machines I've worked on have a 120V outlet in the cabinet, but not this one.
    I can figure it out eventually but thought I'd ask to see if anyone has a quick answer. If anyone knows where to get the 1990's service manuals I could really use those too.

Thank,
    TheTinker

I know the power card has spare 115vac connectors you might use. Check around p7 p8

If your not comfortable working with high voltages then you should contact your local Haas dealer for help with the install.

Tonight at work I connected the solenoid to an outside outlet and had it working. It would be safer to get the power from the controller so there's no live wires in the machine with the breaker off. Right now if someone doesn't unplug the solenoid there's a live wire in the machine.

I think I have a place to get power inside the cabinet. I was going to take a picture tonight but my phone was dead. I'll try again tomorrow night.

I don't think anyone has contacted the dealer since they bought the machine. I almost think no one at work knows how to contact the dealer. I'm on nights so my options are fairly limited.

Also the machine year is 1996 (according to the manual date and purchase form). I'd like to have the service manual for reference in the future.

As mentioned, the power distribution card, upper right near the breaker, has some spare 115v plugs you can use.

Thanks for the help. I think I've got it now. I have some parts on order to make things easier. I'll update how things go when I get my parts in.

TheTinker