587,997 active members*
1,784 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Have you ever seen these drill bits?

Have you ever seen these drill bits?

I am looking for some specific drill bits. I have found one company that sells them and I trying to poll the collective to see if there are any other makers of these drill bits that offer them at a bit cheaper prices.

Here are the details.

Right Hand Drill Bits
    Carbide Tipped
    145 degree negative tip

If you havent figured it out these are for drilling into broken easy out's. The easy out's were obviously being used to remove a broken stud/bolt unsuccessfully. The prices I have been quoted start at about 40.00 and go up from there. That is per bit. TIA

PS. These are not for any particular project. They would be used in any and all metals. Alum, SS, mild steel, iron, etc...

not seen any at 145 but alot of 140 rock river drills any where from $13.00 to
    $70.00
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Garr makes carbide drill bits. Try www.garrtool.com. You will have to go online or find a catalog. I've successfully used their drill bits to drill through hardened steels used on vibratory conveyors.. Actually very surprising how well they worked..

As to specific angles and such I'm not convinced that it makes a big difference. Instead the drill bit must be designed for hardened steels and there are a number of designs to do just that. There are a number of suppliers of such tooling so getting friendly with your local tooling supplier sis in order. On top of that you can look at the big catalog suppliers such as Travers, McMaster-Carr and MSC.

dave

give a try

www.niagaratools.com

Pretty much can make anything to suit your needs. As for the drill point geometries req'd for that application i couldn't agree more in using the negative cutting action.