587,547 active members*
3,479 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Help/Advice with upcoming Milltronics purchase

Help/Advice with upcoming Milltronics purchase

Hello all,

I'm new here (and new to CNC) and would love to get some advice regarding a purchase I plan to make.

I have located a 1998 Milltronics MB18 (R8 taper) with a Centurion VI control. From photos, the mill is very clean and appears to be well cared for. I'm flying out to inspect it this weekend, as it is under power.

The help I'd like is:

Are there any known issues with this model or items I should be sure to check for?

What are your processes for inspecting a mill? My plan is to jog all axis to all limits and load a few programs into the controller (this beyond visual inspection). I hope to use my eyes and ears to spot anything out of the ordinary.

I'm sure I'll have other questions, but any help/pointers I can get in being fully prepared for a thorough and effective inspection of this machine would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Well, I had hoped to find some information prior to seeing the machine, but I'm headed there in the morning. Hope it looks as good in person as the pics have shown!