587,997 active members*
2,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Help Tapping Cycle. Coolant off Heidenhain

Help Tapping Cycle. Coolant off Heidenhain

Hi,

I Have a Kunzmann BA600 with TNC410. I recently lost all the parameters and had to input all the values again. Everything is back up and going except I am having problems with the Tapping Cycle. When i exec. the tapping cycle with M99 the coolant stops, and starts again when the cycle is finisched. And M8 is no use. It must be some kind of parameter right? Who can help me?

Thx for help, Greets Ron.

That is a weird one! My mill (Chevalier VMC 2040 with TNC410) had problems today, in fact. I also have a new thread elsewhere in this site.

Today I saw the large list of MP parameters while trying to fix the problem that I had. I often change one of them, MP10 001111 to MP 000111, when removing the 4th axis. Are the MP parameters the ones that you mean?

I noticed that you can send them out or bring them in with the TNC in or TNC out softkeys below the screen. Do you have any backups of these parameters saved anywhere?

Do you have through spindle coolant? Because I wonder if the coolant would cut if you used M7 instead of M8. If the coolant still cuts off, I wonder if there is a parameter that says M9 after the tapping op is used.

On my mill, the cycle I use is rigid tapping (cycle 17) and it stops the spindle and coolant after any hole is tapped while moving to the next pilot hole. I will try to remember to look at the parameter list in my manual and see if it is of any potential use.

Sorry if I suggest anything you already know!