587,771 active members*
2,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by atwooddon View Post
    Just finished my first benchtop CNC Router. I live in Placerville and would love to get together with knowledgeable people to learn or share what little I know.

Don
    Don, I am also in Placerville with a 24" by 30" CNC router that has just recently become operational. I use TurboCAD, Vectric Cut2D, and Mach3. My goal is to design and build a wooden gear clock. It is slowly nearing completion.

I wouldn't mind getting together with other local people to share knowledge. I didn't chime in earlier because my focus is woodworking and the start of this thread appeared to be metal milling.

Steve

Hello all.
    My name is Kevin and I work for a company in the Sacramento area where we deal with manufacturing companies and candidates and it is my job to be able to network with as many industry experts as possible. I wanted to present myself as a resource for anybody who is out there on the job market. With the economic market we are in I know it can be tough and I will be on this site from time to time to let you know about possible openings in the area.

For example I am currently searching for someone with Sinker EDM experience. If there is someone out there with that experience I would like to talk to you.

Frank

Bruce:
    Do you know of anyone you could recomend, here in the south Bay, (sunnyvale)

That could help me with EMC2 and the Messa Boards Have a small shop .
    just pur. 2 older mills A tree 425 and a Shazoka to retofit but, would like to
    do a EMC2 5I20 7I37pa convertion. at my shop.

Frank M. 408-338-7371
    [email protected]
    Thanks

Anyone in the Sacramento area have experience with Shizuoka ST-N's? Particularly the DC spindle & spindle drive. My machine is in West Sac. It's a 1977 ST-N with a Machmotion controller. The X,Y,Z steppers work fine but i can't get the spindle motor going. I make acrylic aquarium filters, since i don't need a ton of torque I fitter a Bosch trim router but now I'm getting a bad surface finish due to rigidity issues (and I'd like to make some alu fixtures), I'm hoping I can get the spindle going and improve the surface finish.

A pic of what I make.

Thanks
    Ed

experienced Miller/mastercam needed in Sacramento Area $25-$35

Looking for direct hire very experienced cnc machinist/programmer to make very detailed aerospace/medical parts for company in Rancho Cordova area. If you or anyone you know is interested-have them call the Sacramento Adecco office!

Quote Originally Posted by edsimmons View Post
    Anyone in the Sacramento area have experience with Shizuoka ST-N's? Particularly the DC spindle & spindle drive. My machine is in West Sac. It's a 1977 ST-N with a Machmotion controller. The X,Y,Z steppers work fine but i can't get the spindle motor going. I make acrylic aquarium filters, since i don't need a ton of torque I fitter a Bosch trim router but now I'm getting a bad surface finish due to rigidity issues (and I'd like to make some alu fixtures), I'm hoping I can get the spindle going and improve the surface finish.

A pic of what I make.

Thanks
    Ed
    I did not know there was any machine shops in stockton (LOL) just kidding I to would like to join if anyone sets up a club just to see how other people do there machining technicks that way I can also learn some stuff.

Page 2 of 2 12