587,357 active members*
3,696 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HobbyCNC wiring details

Hi,

Can anyone tell me stepper to board wiring details? I can't find my doc since my move.

Thanks

Larry

HobbyCNC Wiring Files

Quote Originally Posted by lgroulx200 View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me stepper to board wiring details? I can't find my doc since my move.

Thanks

Larry
    Hey Larry,
    Then in the files section you'll find most of the common files needed.
    Every motor/stepper is wired differently.

Bill
    "The Inventor"

I can't find a HobbyCnc in yahoo groups, closest thing I can find is hobby_cnc_lam .

I have the hobby cnc board. What steppers do you have 200oz, 127oz or 80oz?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by planekrazie View Post
    I have the hobby cnc board. What steppers do you have 200oz, 127oz or 80oz?
    Steve

Hi Steve,

I have 200 oz steppers. I placed an order for the new Pro board.

I needed the stepper diagram to put together my cnc machine. The Y driver chip burnt out but I could still use the Z and X. I built a new machine and want to use the 2 steppers to set up the machine. I found the diagram and hooked everything up, turned on the power and something made a pop sound. Now nothing works.

Larry

How is the stepping i/e 1/4 1/2 etc... controlled on those boards? is it via the jumpers I can see in the pictures?

Ben

I have 200oz/in motors also.

Moving across the board outputs in a line:
    Blue wire into 'A'
    Green wire into 'a'
    Red & Yellow into 'COM'
    Orange & Black into 'COM'
    White into 'b'
    Brown into 'B'

Make sure the red and yellow go into the COM beside the green, and the orange and black go into the COM beside the White. Dont mix em up!

Quote Originally Posted by lgroulx200 View Post
    I found the diagram and hooked everything up, turned on the power and something made a pop sound. Now nothing works.
    Larry
    Ignore the above, I just saw this message. Popping is probably due to a soldering problem. It happened to me twice. Were there sparks under something when it 'popped' because that component probably needs replacing if the entire board isn't written off.

From my experience of putting one of these boards together, when something pops its not such a good sign!

I would suggest asking on the HCNC yahoo group. Dave gives excellent after sales service.

Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    How is the stepping i/e 1/4 1/2 etc... controlled on those boards? is it via the jumpers I can see in the pictures?

Ben
    Yes, controlled via the jumpers.

[QUOTE=thkoutsidthebox;229405]
    From my experience of putting one of these boards together, when something pops its not such a good sign!

Thanks for the reply,

My wife, who repaired PCB boards at Northern Telecom, soldered the board. The board worked for 6 months. I moved this summer. The first time after the move, when I pluged in my CNC machine, there was a cloud of smoke. One of the stepper wires came loose at the board and shorted the chip.

My new Pro board is now built. I going to rebuild my case so I can insert the stepper wires into the board easier.

Thanks

Larry

Is there any advantage to connecting a multiway rotary switch to be able to set the stepping easily or once it is set no need to change your mind?

Ben