Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > hops shortage world wide problem

hops shortage world wide problem

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...e.html?ref=rss

there a hops shortage

some breweries may not be able to produce there specialties
    prices are going to go up
    millions will be affected
    i think its time we all band together and start growing hops in our backyards in order to donate them to prevent this devistation from ever happening again,

In some country's in europe it's illegal to grow your own hops.
    But not where I live fortunatly.

"Australia endured its worst drought on record. Hail storms across Europe damaged crops. Extreme heat in the western U.S. hurt both yields and quality."

Global warming is bad for beer

I'm willing to help, but only if I can cnc the growingprocess.

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...e.html?ref=rss

there a hops shortage

some breweries may not be able to produce there specialties
    prices are going to go up
    millions will be affected
    i think its time we all band together and start growing hops in our backyards in order to donate them to prevent this devistation from ever happening again,
    Ah, poor baby you might have to drink wine .

And in addition to the litany of disasters jerber presents you can add that only one of my hop plants survived the -15 C temperature we had last winter I used to have about twenty.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

There used to be a lot of hops grown around here (Milwaukee area). My neighbor still has some growing on trellises. My favorite hops come in bottles from the Czech Republic, Pilsner Urquel and Budvahr (Czechvar in the USA). Much better than the mass produced P-water produced in the big US breweries. There is a Milwaukee producer of quality liquified barley-hops called Sprecher. I have no connection with them other than a customer/consumer. I hear there's a lot of demand for organically grown hops from micro breweries. Hope they find all they need, I'd hate to see a beer "shortage".
    DZASTR

This disaster must be averted!

Lebenon reports a bumper crop of hashish. It is the same Genus as hops, so maybe they can make do... :idea:

Forget global warming and terrorism, without beer, what is the point of it all?

Russell.

I can't wait till Monsanto or Pfizer comes out with synthetic hops in concentrate form to be the next "improvement" to beer. That should quadruple the price of beer making the alcohol nazis happy. Sort of like blaming the price of gas on ethanol.
    DZASTR

I KNEW IT !!!!!! The local bullsheet this AM . Due to shortages of hops & barley world wide " the price of local micro brews will probably increase $1.00 for a six pack by this spring."

Of course they blamed it all on the price of corn due to ethenol production.
    DZASTR

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD ZASTROW View Post
    There is a Milwaukee producer of quality liquified barley-hops called Sprecher.
    I love Sprecher... I've been wearing one of their t-Shirts for about 6 years now... Sadly it's turning into my "Golden Boy" (Seinfeld reference) and is gonna hold up much longer.

It's an excellent beer nonetheless. There's only one store here in town that carries it occasionally... (Rarely) But I get it when I can.
    Nathan

[QUOTE=anoel;365844]I love Sprecher... I've been wearing one of their t-Shirts for about 6 years now...QUOTE]

Nathan.......ain't that thing getting kinda still?

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by epineh View Post
    Forget global warming and terrorism, without beer, what is the point of it all?

Russell.
    Quite possibly the most truthful statement I have seen written online in ages! :cheers:
    www.teausa.net