587,184 active members*
3,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > horizon (vision) engraver

horizon (vision) engraver

First time here. just picked up a 24x48 horizon engraver made by Vision engravers about 1995. There is a computer & controller with the machine. Coming off the engaving table is a 4 prong plug with 3 pin, I believe this is power to the spindle motor but cant find a power supply to hook it up to? Anyone using a Horizon or older Vision engraver? Looking for any info on table and controller(soft ware that was used with controller?)?
    Vision engraving has little info, they will sell new controller for 5895.00. If I cant revive the old I will have to look for used or make my own. Looked at ghina controllers but dont now?
    thanks dennis

You are correct, that is the plug for the spindle motor. It required 0-90 volts DC power. Vision can sell you just the 90 volt speed control board for $179. The part number is 503500-00.

A Variac, Bridge rectifier and perhaps a capacitor will provide 0-90V if you want to "home brew" ;-)

The Baldor DC motor drive units show up on the used market as well.

The Vision Engravers are great units, and having the motor supply integrated is a nice feature!

Thanks for the info on the Vision engraver. There is also a Horizon Controller with the table.
    Can anyone tell me anthing about a Horizon controller made mid 90's. It powers on but that all I can test right now?
    Thanks Dennis

That controller was made by Engraving Systems Support in Dade City Florida. Their website is http://www.engravingsys.com/ and they should be able to help you with the Horizon controller.

Thanks, got intouch with engraving systems, they have a power supply for the spindle motor(260.00). Also said they could help with the controller. Will let you now how it turns out after parts get here.
    thanks dennis
    any idea what type of software runs on a Horizon engraving system. The new systems run Vision, but the older machines?