588,127 active members*
4,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Houston/Spring/Woodlands TX - Need help with Mach III/Setup - $60/hour

Houston/Spring/Woodlands TX - Need help with Mach III/Setup - $60/hour

I have built a small CNC machine (X:39"|Y:29"|Z:4") and mechanically it seems to work fine (steppers hooked up and working, home/limits working). What I need help with customization (steps per in, speed of jogs, etc) and a little training on major points of operation. I'm looking for someone that lives in the North Houston area (Spring, Woodlands, Conroe). You must have "good to excellent" experience with Mach3. I will pay $60/hour in cash for your time.

My email address is dmoore at dmoore dot com if you need to contact me directly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC260131.jpg  

I might know a guy. He comes in and fixes my Machines when I need it. Real good but you will have to pay him $$$

$$$ as in 100/hour or $$$ as in 30/hour?

I can't say for sure what he would charge you. That's all up to him. But it most likely would not be less than $75 an hr

I found someone to help... All setup and cutting now!

I found a nice guy that helped me over the phone to setup Mach 3 and get my machine configured. I'd still be interested in visiting with anyone in the far north houston area that is working with home-brew CNC.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore.com View Post
    I found a nice guy that helped me over the phone to setup Mach 3 and get my machine configured. I'd still be interested in visiting with anyone in the far north houston area that is working with home-brew CNC.

I am in San Antonio, But visit my mom in conroe (i use to live there) if you need help sometime let me know.

Joe

Thanks for the offer

Joe -

I though you lived in or around Dallas... Of course Conroe is just up the street. Feel free to stop by anytime you are down this way - my email is dmoore at dmoore dot com. I'll show you around my new work shop.