587,224 active members*
3,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > How do I fix this???? HELP!!

How do I fix this???? HELP!!

I posted a message asking what this error message meant or how to fix it...

C:\MCAM8\CHOOKS\CP5_2.DLL not found

I was told to look under this forum but I'm a newbie and really don't know what I am looking for. Can someone help me? I have Windows XP and am using Mastercam v8.1. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it already. I had 4 error messages and got rid of all of them except this one!

Thanks so much!!

I have had similar problems in the past. What i did was a system restore on my pc to an earlier date where i had no problems. This did not disturb any of my files and worked out very well for me. You can do this as long as you know of a previous date where you had no problems. For me I went back about a week and that did the trick. This process takes a few minutes or so, so please be patient while your pc does its thing. Hope this helps.

Since this is a new computer that I installed MasterCam on...how would I do a system restore? This wasn't on it before? Do I have to get it off of the older computer and save it somehow??

Anything you can tell me from here is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks
    Again

Quote Originally Posted by Patt66 View Post
    Since this is a new computer that I installed MasterCam on...how would I do a system restore? This wasn't on it before? Do I have to get it off of the older computer and save it somehow??

Anything you can tell me from here is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks
    Again
    To do system restore on XP just go to system tools dropdown menu, or click on RUN and copy this code... %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe .... and paste in the RUN's window and hit Enter

Have you installed Mcam V8 on your system ?
    What version/s have you loaded on the PC ?
    is it a customised chook? is it still required ?

it is trying to find this file
    C:\MCAM8\CHOOKS\CP5_2.DLL

If you don't have V8 on the system, you have to re-point to where it can be found.

one possibliity
    If it is erroring at mastercam startup, have a look at the config file ( alt-F8 ) under "Start/Exit" tab and remove/adjust the reference from there

Your Custom CIMCO post is looking for the CIMCO dll file and it cannot find it. You will need to request this file from CIMCO