587,997 active members*
1,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > How the heck!!!!

How the heck!!!!

I don't have much 4 axis programming experience,But sufrcam can not be as hard as it seems...I cant find any real books or tutorials for v5.Is there any out there?

Not that i have seen, Get on surfcam's website and go to support then tutorials, should help you out alot more then a book. If not.. i'm sure any questions you have there are alot of us that can answer them on here

Are you just trying to index or do simultaneous motion? The post you use is going to play a BIG role in the output of the code. Not all 4th x posts in surfcam do simultaneous motion, most just index, and 99% of them do it wrong right out of the box.

We were trying simultanious motion,but I ended up indexing and surfacing those areas.We are getting more and more frustrated with surf cam. It just seems to see things differently than Mastecam or Edge cam.

If you try to figure it out by yourself, it may be a bit difficult, but thru all US, SURFCAM resellers are given advanced training clases that you can take; and then you'll see how easy it is.
    Kind regards, Mario

4 Axis machining

Please let me give you a little advice if you want to really learn SURFCAM; to enroll in an advanced training class given by one of the US resellers. Beside the cost; it’ll be cheaper in the long run, because you’ll be making good parts very fast. They are also capable to help you with the post issue.
    Kind regards, Mario