587,267 active members*
4,138 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > How to home KT15 alarm 280?

How to home KT15 alarm 280?

Purchased a Kia KT15 used , have it powered up . Pressed power on and standby , cleared the 310 message .

The servo/amps are powered up and HYD pump is running .

From this point how do I home the machine? The delivery driver lost all the manuals and I am at a loss as to how to home having no exper with yasnac LX3 control

I don't have experience with Kia lathes, but I do with other lathes with LX3 controls, so this may or may not be exactly right for your machine.

Can you jog or handwheel the axes?

There should be MODE rotary switch or pushbuttons with labels like EDIT, AUTO, MDI, JOG, etc. Look for a ZERO or REF RETN or something similar. Normally if X and Z are close to the "home" position you press and hold the - jog pushbutton for each axis. The axis should reverse direction once it comes off the slowdown switch. Continue to hold the jog pushbutton until the axis stops and the home light illuminates for that axis. Repeat for the other axis.

If the axes are NOT close to the home position, you'll have to press and hold the + jog pushbutton.

If you need more help, maybe you can take a picture of your control and post it here.

Machine wont move with jog or handwheel, holding or pushing zero return doesnt seem to do anything. The x+ and z+ jog buttons have the cross hair which led me to believe they are the ones to push to home those paticular axis. No combination of button pushing or holding tryed yet has caused either axis to move.

Alarm code says 0280 machine unready

Here is a pic of the front of the controller http://www.thompsonmachine.net/img/misc/KIA.JPG

When did the 280 alarm appear? Was it there all along? You say the HYD pump is running... is the HYD pressure up? Have you tried pushing the green Standby button?

push the power button , machine comes on , monitor comes to life says 310: servos power off .
    Push the Standby button, servo/amps power up , Hydaraulic pump powers up , gauge reads 400 psi(?)
    When I push the stdby button the 310 message is replaced with the 280 message

not sure how to proceed , zero return , jog , handwheel do nothing at this point

When I push the tailstock jog button AL27 "machine not yet centered" and AL28 "SP. stop not done yet " messages pop up on the alarm page, press and hold the power button seems to clear the alarm messages other than the 280 "machine unready"

manuals arrived this morning via fedex, they were in the riggers truck

followed the start up procedure to the letter, power up, push stdby cant get past the error message 280 "machine unready"

when attempting to jog towards home switch two error messages pop up.
    AL27-CENTER SETTING NG manual describes: Center Trouble completley , I am unsure what this means

AL28 SP. STOP INCOMPLETED manual describes: Spindle does not stop completley

I have yet to see the spindle run since the machine was delivered .

Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Anyone know who the Kia Service rep might be for north Florida?

turned out to be a bad estop switch, none of my other machines will power up servos and Hyd pump when in estop , button popped out nicely so wasted a few days without checking this simple switch

Hyundai- Kia Service

I do servicing of these machines around Florida. Send me message if you are interested and I will give you a call.Thanks.
    email: [email protected]