588,182 active members*
4,260 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hyperther 380 relay problems

OK, When i try to use my hpertherm with the computer it turns on when the computer tells it to(M3 at 5 volts) but does not turn off when the compute tels it to(M5 with 0 volts)
    Why would it do this? any ideas why it would not turn off even though it is getting 0 volts.

What circuit are you using to interface the 380 to your computer? I just finished building a cnc plasma cutter and can probably help you out.

-Matt

Do you mean the torch does not shut off or the air does not shut off.Normaly in hand operation mode you can squeeze the trigger and cut,when you let off of the trigger the torch shuts off but air still goes through the torch head to cool the consumeables.

No, the torch is still firing, not just the air. I dont know what you mean by which circuit, the relay is controlled by the computer using one of the outputs from my brakeout board, the relay then closes the hand torch switch.

Instead of useing a M5 to shut it off try the M3 again to start and stop it see what happens.