587,218 active members*
2,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > i just watched a PS3 sell for $38,000

i just watched a PS3 sell for $38,000

how rediculas is that. that wasn't even all that isolated either, i have watched several sell for over $5000.

Does that make any sense to anyone? what the hell is wrong with these people?

Good question. Is a couple months, they will probably have so many they won't know wnat to do with them.

$38,000 is absolutly Nuts!! I can think of a lot better way to spend that kinda money!

Look at the bidders. The last several bids were the same bidder with 0 feedback. The same bidder jumped the price several thousand $ bidded against themselves. It's pure BS. The only bids that were from reputable bidders stopped after several hundred dollars.
    --Colin--
    www.bdmodeling.com

read the link that auction is for an email address on yahoo???????

yes it is true, auctioning a free e-mail address....

Thats even worse than if it was an PS3. At least with a PS3 you can hold it in your hand. What do you get with an Email address? Spam?

What in the hell is wrong with these people?

"Upon payment I will email you the password for this account. This account has never been used and the welcome email is still there. Please note that this is not an auction for an actual ps3. It is an auction for my email address."

$38K+ for an Eddress? You have got to be kidding me! I wonder if the bidders knew that for sure? If they are foolish enough to spend $38K+ on a game, they might just have been foolish enough not to read the listing carefully.....

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Im getting into the wrong business. I must try that sometime and see what I get for an address.....any good e-mail address suggestions? mxtras, I have "[email protected]" going for $20,000.....what d'ya say????

Quote Originally Posted by --colin-- View Post
    Look at the bidders. The last several bids were the same bidder with 0 feedback. The same bidder jumped the price several thousand $ bidded against themselves. It's pure BS. The only bids that were from reputable bidders stopped after several hundred dollars.
    That was a proxy bid.

The bidding kept going till his maximum bid was reached, someone else went one bid over his proxy, so he came back with an additional bid, to be the proud owner of a $38,100.00 free email address, Hey at least the winning idiot got free shipping (He showed them!!).
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............:withstupi .................................................. .................................................. ..........

This all sounds like an excellent marketing strategy by eBay, as when people see massive sales like that, they are motivated to join in the get-rich-quick croud!

I'm sure it was an eBay employee who was doing the buying and selling!

It's obvious to me that a PS3 item like that would never be worth that much to anyone, even if it were platnum plated with gold buttons! (even if Britnay Spears sat on it)

I'm sure eBay's prudent reserves will jump a few million more!

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    This all sounds like an excellent marketing strategy by eBay, as when people see massive sales like that, they are motivated to join in the get-rich-quick croud!

I'm sure it was an eBay employee who was doing the buying and selling!

It's obvious to me that a PS3 item like that would never be worth that much to anyone, even if it were platnum plated with gold buttons! (even if Britnay Spears sat on it)

I'm sure eBay's prudent reserves will jump a few million more!
    The thing is, they don't get a PS3, they get a free email account.

They had some guy camped out in front of Best Buy, on the news, he said another guy walked up to him, and offered $1500.00 just for his place in line, the guy in line just laughed and turned down the offer, he told him he could get$5000.00 selling the PS3 on ebay.

wow! Who'd pay $5000 for a PS3 when you could build a great large cnc machine for that price!

Oooh, you have no idea of the joy, from not owning a TV...

Joules

try 3 million, but this is for a real playstation.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-PLAYSTATION-...QQcmdZViewItem

people are idiots. there are a lot of pre sale vouchers which are going for 3000 on ebay and then they still have to buy the thing.

What is America coming to?

I'll be here playing my super nintendo.
    Matt

I think i'll wait for the Septendo super mega nindrive!
    Keith

OMG, the Buy It Now price is $6000!