500,800 active members
5,401 visitors online
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
Results 13 to 20 of 20
  1. #13
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by patriciooholegu View Post
    Corbo, do you have some good pic about you driver board and maybe power source? Tanks!
    In the attachments a picture of the driverboard I found and a schematic of the input functions I found. With these info a few members got there steppers running.

    AbSat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EICO241-231.jpg   EICO241-231circuit.jpg  

  2. #14
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSat View Post
    In the attachments a picture of the driverboard I found and a schematic of the input functions I found. With these info a few members got there steppers running.

    AbSat
    Tanks Corbo. I was hoping that your board may be the same i have but dont. As i say i was able to make it work like a clockwatch, but never shure about the ideal power supply: I used 5,12, and 24 in mine, but not -12. Last night i tried to take some pictures but they are all low quality ones.
    My boards use Sanken SI-7501, they are not on any datasheet web page, but Sanken SI 7502 is, and they seem to be the same.
    Do you now about amps of your power supply??
    I will try to have a better camera to make photos of my driver and motors.
    Sorry about my English.

  3. #15
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by patriciooholegu View Post
    Tanks Corbo. I was hoping that your board may be the same i have but dont. As i say i was able to make it work like a clockwatch, but never shure about the ideal power supply: I used 5,12, and 24 in mine, but not -12. Last night i tried to take some pictures but they are all low quality ones.
    My boards use Sanken SI-7501, they are not on any datasheet web page, but Sanken SI 7502 is, and they seem to be the same.
    Do you now about amps of your power supply??
    I will try to have a better camera to make photos of my driver and motors.
    Sorry about my English.
    Hello patriciooholegu.

    The pictures are not from Corbo but from me, AbSat. I am not shure if I had contact with Corbo because I exchanged info over email and I do not know if Corbo was one of them.
    If there is any analog circuitry such as opamps on the board, in many cases -12V will be necessary. If it is only logic ic's then most of the times -12v is not used.
    I had the luck that on my board test points for the supply voltages where labeled so it was easy to find out. I tested the system with a 24V 5A power supply but I do not remember the exact current values the board used.
    Looking at the datasheet of the SI 7502 this IC controls only the driver stage, as a level shifter, and the motor current by the chopper curcuit. The sequencer for the excitation signals you have to build yourself. So I think that -12v is not used on your board.

    Succes with your project. AbSat.

  4. #16
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSat View Post
    Hello patriciooholegu.

    The pictures are not from Corbo but from me, AbSat. I am not shure if I had contact with Corbo because I exchanged info over email and I do not know if Corbo was one of them.
    If there is any analog circuitry such as opamps on the board, in many cases -12V will be necessary. If it is only logic ic's then most of the times -12v is not used.
    I had the luck that on my board test points for the supply voltages where labeled so it was easy to find out. I tested the system with a 24V 5A power supply but I do not remember the exact current values the board used.
    Looking at the datasheet of the SI 7502 this IC controls only the driver stage, as a level shifter, and the motor current by the chopper curcuit. The sequencer for the excitation signals you have to build yourself. So I think that -12v is not used on your board.

    Succes with your project. AbSat.

    Ok AbSat. I succesfully manage to make the sequencer using a 16f84 and drives trough step-dir-enable signals from parallel port. i have plans on posting the entire project with eagle board and schematic. Just need some time.
    maybe with the project beign published on cnczone someone is able to tell my from what photocopier it is (I buy it already dissasembled) and what is the EXACT power supply used by Ricoh.
    Tanks for the info and i will let yu now wen is posted.

  5. #17
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSat View Post
    Hello patriciooholegu.

    The pictures are not from Corbo but from me, AbSat. I am not shure if I had contact with Corbo because I exchanged info over email and I do not know if Corbo was one of them.
    If there is any analog circuitry such as opamps on the board, in many cases -12V will be necessary. If it is only logic ic's then most of the times -12v is not used.
    I had the luck that on my board test points for the supply voltages where labeled so it was easy to find out. I tested the system with a 24V 5A power supply but I do not remember the exact current values the board used.
    Looking at the datasheet of the SI 7502 this IC controls only the driver stage, as a level shifter, and the motor current by the chopper curcuit. The sequencer for the excitation signals you have to build yourself. So I think that -12v is not used on your board.

    Succes with your project. AbSat.
    Hey Absat sorry for the inconvenience, but using reverse engineering on the board i found 1 PNP transistor (2SB1031) and for the datasheet should be negative voltage.

    2SB1031 pdf, 2SB1031 description, 2SB1031 datasheets, 2SB1031 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

    It is side by side to a positive rectifier diode and both ends going to the n-channel mosfet and p-channel mosfet
    So I’m sure now about the negative voltage: It has to be there...but why?
    Like i say, i managed to make it work using 5, 12, and 24 volts so i didn’t understand why it have to be in there.
    What do you think?
    This weekend will try to use a power supply i have: It have +35 and -35 volts on it. Something like 4 amps on itch one.
    If i burn out everything, at list i will have 3 more boards to keep playing.
    Thanks again.

  6. #18
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7

    thx mate!

    Quote Originally Posted by AbSat View Post
    In the attachments a picture of the driverboard I found and a schematic of the input functions I found. With these info a few members got there steppers running.

    AbSat
    Thank you AbSat, I don't know how you got that info, but you saved my life. Between yesterday and today I butchered 16 photocopiers and all of them had EXACTLY those motors and drivers (between other precious guts). I'm happy to hear these are very rare and cool motors. Tomorrow I will test them thanks to your diagram. The photo is identical to mines. Just one question, just curiosity: are you sure microsteps are listed? 2x, 4x, 8x, 20x, 40x, 80x, 129x (yes, 129), and 250x microsteps per raw step are just sick!!!
    it means 0,00288° deg/pulse!!
    Other thing, do you know which is the max input frequency, and the minimum pulse width the boad accepts?

    Does it work without -12v??
    How is torque performance???

  7. #19
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    839
    My son is a copier tech. If you knew what model these came from he could supply voltage info. Its possible when I show him the pic of the driver he willknow right off and may be able to tell me what voltage PS they ran from.


    Most copiers run 24v or 28v on the motors, but a few have 35v or even 48v supplies (older ones I think run the higher voltages). The motors themself could probbaly stand much more voltage, but the drives may be a different story. I will see what he says about the pic of the drive.



    Jess
    GOD Bless, and prayers for all.

  8. #20
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    52
    Sorry for this late reaction, but I was busy with other things.
    In fact I did not do anything with steppers and routers for the last 3 years.
    I found the function of the connections by reverse engineering from the PCB and carefully putting signals on the inputs.
    I got the motors running with a square wave generator as step input pulse.
    I do not recall the exact values, and the microstep table is made measuring the output signals and rpm's of the motor compared with the input frequency.
    There must be a post on this forum in witch I named some values.
    The pulse rate I feeded was far beyond the possibility of CNC software programs.
    I did not connected -12V, so it is possible that some analog circuitry on the board did not work properly. I even did not use the motors in real live because I found other interesting things to do.
    I hope you get the motors running properly.

    With kind regards AbSat.

Page 2 of 2 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •