587,173 active members*
4,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Inventor 11

Inventor 11

I just got my copy of Inventor 11 today. Is there any word on compatibility with Hypermill 9? I just downloaded the Inventor 9 service pack 2 for Hypermill. Thanks Doug!

Cheers
    Dave

hyperMILL for Inventor 11

OPEN MIND expects the compatibility with this new Inventor release in early May.

Alan,

It's great to hear that compatibility will come so soon. This will be a great improvement over the last version.

What is in Inventor 11 anyway? I have had my head in the sand making parts and have not even looked to see what is coming.

Dave

hyperMILL 9.0 SP3 that supports Inventor 9, 10, and 11 has been released and is on the ftp site. OM will send notifcation emails to maintenance customers to notify.

:banana:

Im a new user of Hypermill. Our main CAD system is Inventor 11 ATM. Can you update your Solid within Hypermill after it has been imported into Hypermill as a IGES or STEP files without restarting a new model within the program? We use *.ipt files in Inventor but cant bring them into Hypermill without converting them first.I live in Australia and have had previous trouble getting advice reference to Inventor and HyperMill because both are not supported by a single supplier :cheers:

Your comment about translation begs the question, are you using Hypermill (HyperCAD) as a stand alone product? Have you considered running it inside of inventor?

Dave

At the moment money is the real issue. We have spent alot of money on programs with the belief that *.ipt files can be used in HyperMill, with no issues. When we purchased the programs with this belief, we found out that we had to convert *.ipt files to *.iges or *.step files to import into HyperMill. We dont use HyperCad as our CAD package only Inventor and not HyperMill in Inventor. On purchase of HyperCAD and HyperMill we got a training package from the supplier that was to say the least was a complete waste of 3 days. The trainer was here to see his relations not to concentrate on training us. He even said that Tool Databases were a waste of time and not to worry about it. LOL. So we have been going about the program with trial and error, trying to get help is hard because in Australia niether program is supported by one supplier, each pass the buck, saying we dont support that product. We cant even get the price for HyperMill in Inventor ATM.

Hi Chrisregina,

Can you forward your contact or email to me at [email protected]? I will try and sort this issue out with my dealer in Australia. Apologise for the trouble cause.

BH Chia

Quote Originally Posted by chrisregina
    At the moment money is the real issue. We have spent alot of money on programs with the belief that *.ipt files can be used in HyperMill, with no issues. When we purchased the programs with this belief, we found out that we had to convert *.ipt files to *.iges or *.step files to import into HyperMill. We don't use HyperCad as our CAD package only Inventor and not HyperMill in Inventor. On purchase of HyperCAD and HyperMill we got a training package from the supplier that was to say the least was a complete waste of 3 days. The trainer was here to see his relations not to concentrate on training us. He even said that Tool Databases were a waste of time and not to worry about it. LOL. So we have been going about the program with trial and error, trying to get help is hard because in Australia niether program is supported by one supplier, each pass the buck, saying we dont support that product. We cant even get the price for HyperMill in Inventor ATM.
    So I take it you are running a stand alone version of Hypermill. You should switch to Hypermill in Inventor. That is the slick setup for anybody using Inventor and I know, I have been using it for a long time.

There is no converting of *.ipt files to *.iges or *.step. You don't even load the *.ipt file per say because you are already in the file. What you do is have Hypermill create its own CAM surface model (*.3df) from the loaded solid and surfaces. It is slick and there is nothing not to like. Once you learn Hypermill in Inventor there is no going back to separate CAD and CAM applications.

I use the tool database extensively, it works very well when you learn its quirks. It makes keeping track of all your tools very easy and it is an excellent tool feed-speed calculator. You specify the chip load and the surface speed for the material you select as well as the cutter type and it calculates the rest. It then fills out the job step with that information. You will love it.

Cheers
    Dave