588,183 active members*
4,136 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Ya know ya get what ya pay for, at work we hammer a Komo vr512 16hrs a day 5 days a week, and it just keeps running and producing parts, week after week, month after month. Its boring. Yep ya get what ya pay for 280k vs 2.8k

Hmm, i just sent Dyna a price request and if the improvements they made lately have an positive effect, its worth a consideration. Otherwise the offer goes to the made in china files and i will think multiple times before buying one of those because like most of the customers, iam not and i dont want to be a CNC expert/programmer, that`s not what i do for a living so i want a boring machine.
    Like many others i`ve been looking for a CNC for month now because for some of us this may be the biggest investment standing in our shops, what i want to say is, that if CNC newbs like me can spend that much time in research, comparisons, learning about parts and what they do, the manufacturers can spend 1-2 weeks testing their products.
    The expression "You get what you pay for" is relative, a cheap fridge may be loud, less efficient and last for only 2-3 years but within this time, it should do what it was built for.
    So there is no excuse exept for making up for lost money, customers, reputation or time caused by a manufacturer who can`t check his products every now and then.

IMO, the customer is not always right and he`s certainly not king but i like to think about it in a simple and practical way:
    An employee gets his money from his employer, from whom does the employee AND the employer get their money? You guessed it.
    That doesn`t mean that you have to smile 8 hours a day, in fact you don`t even have to be polite to sell your product but a certain level of competence, tone of voice and patience should be standard, everything above that can be nice but is not a must and everything below that makes the customer feel disposable. Where i come from, they are called "filled up sellers".

Be sure to shop around! In my opinion, and experience, there are better American made alternatives in the same price range. My Dyna macine (24"36 almost) now will do what I need it to do , but only after a lot of tweaking, and extra dollars. Be sure to note that due to the use of unsupported rails, mounted too closely, in the x-axis there is a lot of deflection under load. I strongly reccomend a machine with fully supported linear rails!!! Also, the unsupported screw ends in the x and z axis will shorten motor life. The motor manufacturers strongly suggest not to do this because it creates lateral and axial loads that the motors aren't designed for. If Dyna has corrected these design weaknesses, then maybe I'd consider buying another one. But, as it seems, the benchtop machines on their website look to be the same. There seems to be a lot of hypersensitivity to the around their customer service issues, so I'll leave to others to discuss. Although, my experiences were not very positive...

Thanks for the tips tohlsson, a 1 man manufacturer told and showed me just what you wrote. From what i understand, ball screws alone don`t make sprecise and sturdy machine, some of them get special heat threatment to make them harder, there are different ways in housing the ball screw ends, the rail systems etc...
    The machine he showed had all this features and was running for 3 years just with some oiling every now and then, well he wanted 7500,- (38x50 xy) for the stepper version with some software and a mdf plate, no table, no legs, no router, no safety switches no nothing.
    Right now i`am looking for a machine with the minimum specs of 38x50 or 49x96 xy and as usual, the price is a major factor when opening a shop.
    Thanks to the tons of informations at CNC-Zone, i`am at a point where i have to decide between a smaller one with good quality, a bigger one with the risk of repairing more then producing or a bigger one with good quality but less money reserves for other things that may come up.

Thats one nice balance act between productivity, cost and quality i still have to figure out.
    At the moment a good used one seems to fit well into all of the 3 factors.

I agree with TOHLSSON'S first sentence.

I have a dynaCnc kit and have run into the same sort of problems with it. After remachining much of it it and replacing the bronze bearings with plastic it still will only run about 25ips on x and has some very bad vibrations. The bearing mounts on the x axis were machined about 30 thousandths off so I had to make new mounts and put them on the other side of the machine where I assume ball screw mounts would have otherwise have been. The Y axis binds near one end. I'm still fighting with the thing, not exactly sure how to fix the vibration. I'm thinking of mounting bearings on both ends as one of the other posts suggested.

Hello everyone, this is my first post. new man. got a question if anyone can answer. Does anyone have documentation from their experience using powermax 1000 regarding metal thickness and speed of cut using Fine cut or standard tips. It would be great help getting these setting for my new machine.

Page 3 of 3 123