587,770 active members*
3,277 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Issues transfering files to amada!!!

Hi.

I have issues with my amada machine, I have use the cable settings on other machine without issues, but with one machine I have issues.

The problem is went I transfer files from my desktop running XP to the amada machine I need to review the files because every +/- 40 lines I lost lines.

Some files are 500 lines long, just calculated the time I use to check my transfers.

I have use different cables, long, short, etc.

Normally what could be causing this type of issues

Thanks for your time :wave:

Quote Originally Posted by klabacita View Post
    Hi.

I have issues with my amada machine, I have use the cable settings on other machine without issues, but with one machine I have issues.

The problem is went I transfer files from my desktop running XP to the amada machine I need to review the files because every +/- 40 lines I lost lines.

Some files are 500 lines long, just calculated the time I use to check my transfers.

I think the problem is windows I have that problem sometimes I think is either when I edit an old program or I have multiple word documents open.you should try to go on your parameters and change the settings and change the program to generate the g code if you use word try to use notepad.

I have changed the 'character delay' and 'line delay' settings on my DNC software to fix this problem. Increase these values to slow the transfer down a little.
    I am not sure if this is because of the faster cpu speeds of 'modern' computers.

Quote Originally Posted by klabacita View Post
    Hi.

Depending on what software you are using, you may have several options. The problem is this - the software sends out the data to the RS-232C buffer and when it receives an XOFF, the software pauses, but the buffer continues to transmit. The general fix for this is to set up a "line delay", also called an "EOB Delay" of around 100ms to 200ms (usually). Also make sure that you're using DC codes on the NC side and XON/XOFF on the desktop side. You may have to experiment with the line delay to find the best setting. You don't need to set a charcter delay as the NC won't send an XOFF in the middle of a block. Hope this helps. Let me know if you still have problems.

Ed Sylvis