587,349 active members*
3,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Jcut configure problems

I just bought a new Jcut1635 from China..Having same problems with software that TEW had:NCStudio is an old version of the pass, v5.4.53 and a PCI card
    (Newer versions of NCStudio is NOT compatible with PCI card!)
    Hard to configure!

We installed software on a new windows 7..Because of old version of NCstudio, it needs windows XP..We installed XP on 7 as a virtual screen..Still comes up as "no hardware found" China tech support is no help..They just keep telling me the same thing."you need plug our PCI control card into your comptuer's PCI slot"
    Anyone elce have any information to help me get this machine running?
    Thanks ALL!

bite the bullet and dont go half asses install windows xp
    if your serious about the machine do so
    and mach3 is cheap and demos will get you going- like $150 for it

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaster View Post
    I just bought a new Jcut1635 from China..Having same problems with software that TEW had:NCStudio is an old version of the pass, v5.4.53 and a PCI card
    (Newer versions of NCStudio is NOT compatible with PCI card!)
    Hard to configure!

We installed software on a new windows 7..Because of old version of NCstudio, it needs windows XP..We installed XP on 7 as a virtual screen..Still comes up as "no hardware found" China tech support is no help..They just keep telling me the same thing."you need plug our PCI control card into your comptuer's PCI slot"
    Anyone elce have any information to help me get this machine running?
    Thanks ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by wethecom View Post
    bite the bullet and dont go half asses install windows xp
    if your serious about the machine do so
    and mach3 is cheap and demos will get you going- like $150 for it
    Ironmaster, Yes you install the software on the PC then shut it off and reboot. You will see a message like you mentioned. Then shut it down and plug in the card and restart the computer to get into NC-studio. You can run the software at the house without the 15 pin cable connected to learn how to navigate around the software . You will have to measure the travel per step with it connected, and define the cutting area but the rest can be pretty much done in the house. I changed my CAD computer to win7 ultimate which is a really nice system. After the operating system I had to reinstall all the other software before it would work, so put on 7 and then the software.
    You don't need a super computer to run the machine. I used a 733 Mhz with 512 meg of ram and it ran as fast as the motors operate. That computer was a thrift store $25 machine. I ran it on win98 because it is closer to a real time system. Recently I found a 2.8Ghz dual core with 2GB of ram with win XP and put the card in that. It runs the same as it did on the 733 Mhz. Check youtube for videos from SaleCNC on how to install the software and configure it. They also have an english manual at salecnc.com as a free download on how to operate the software.
    wizzrdworks