587,997 active members*
1,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Jewelry houston tx

im getting a 5 axis engraver to cut wax, want to know if anyone in my area (NORTH HOUSTON GREENSPOINT AREA) wouldnt mind sharing advice on casting
    or tuning the motors on the rotarty axis as ive never done it for an a or b axis
    CHOCLATE? THIS IS DOODOO BABY!

Feel free to PM whenever you want

LOL PM box is too full to reply

Casting questions I would go here. They have been a lot of help to me!!! AlloyAvenue network
    As long as the mold fits, you do not need a second furnace. Temp range/control will be important of course.
    I would be happy to help build a kiln for your project(s). Most on the casting forum seem to prefer building their own. Part for expense, part for experience. I met up with a guy doing casting in Willis. He stays quite busy and has impressed me as a go getter with skills. I would definitely include him in a furnace build. Soon, I will be helping him convert his Bridgeport to a CNC.
    I have a new neighbor that is into ceramics. She has her own kiln and such. I will (try to) go spend some time with her today. I am betting a ceramics kiln is perfect for investment casting wax melts.

i wouldnt mind a build, i just dont know anything about it, or anyone that does so to save me time and tons of headache i just usually buy it ready, same with the machine i tried for a while but i just dont have the time to invest into research on machine building, i started with the chinese 3040 and now upgrading for my new project

do you believe the ceramics kiln would also be able to melt sliver and others ?

Silver/gold of course. Pretty low melting points.
    The only problem I can see up front is the obvious one.
    Investment casting normally requires the mold to be preheated and hot WHILE you pour your metal. This would indicate the need for 2 heat sources....

thats something i havent heard at all, how hot does the investment mold need to be

Getting outside my knowledge range...
    It is a combination of metal & casting/mold size. Is important that the metal does not begin to solidify before properly filling the mold.
    I would definitely ask these type of questions on the casting forum. They can also help with the venting and other aspects of pouring.
    For something as small as a ring, perhaps it is not necessary to preheat...

ill be doing mostly rings to start, but ill get on that forum you suggested and see what they have to say about anything bigger

Satellite J-100 Jewelry Kiln

i would be happy with this but does this seem a bit high on price looks ancient

Boatdudeguy,

Empty your private messages,

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

OK empty