587,300 active members*
3,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 75 of 88 2565737475767785
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1750
    Good timing.... I was running into problems with my last design for a dust head hitting my clamps and causing lots of problems so I modified it using Joe's latest (or what I believe is his latest dust collector for his system). So what I have now is a mix between JLT's, Joe's and a little of my own. I will attach the DXF of where I am at so far. Only made it on the weekend but so far I am very pleased with the modficitions. Clamps can be higher than I need, vacuum is excellent, and it fits a 4.25 hose. I will try and get some pictures of it later today and post as well. Not sure though how well this would work without a tool change as getting to change the tools as it would be difficult to get wrenches in and the cutter would be to short to get past the vacuum head as the tool changer adds 2 or 3 inches to the cutter length.

As this is still prototyping I cut it out of MDF.

Three changes I am contemplating.
    - Larger 4.25 for vacuum hose as I find it a bit to tight to fit the hose in easily.
    - Removing the slot in the back side of the lower plate (the one without the vacuum hose on it).
    - Tighten up the width between the two sides, presently they as so the entire unit will fit around existing bolts. Thus making the adaption of the unit to the existing machine simple to install as an addition. This would require pocketing in the sides so that it would fit around existing bolt heads... which would bring on problems with removal of the head.

Oh ya. this design will require wider sides for the router mount or the upbolt slots I have in place will not fit correctly. You should be able to see mine at www.cncmachine.phillipsfamily.ca.

OK I babbled way to much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I uploaded some pictures of the dust collector to my web site.

Nice photos buzz, nice creations as well. THe new dust collection photos on the site are all red x'd, errors. cephjedi, I look forward to seeing you join aboard!

Hey Buzz,
    Thanks for the reply and photos. I think at this point I am going to do half of what you did. I really don't think I need to float the dust collector yet so I'm going to take your .dxf and try using just the two plates and see where that gets me.

I appreciate the help.

Joe

BP092, I checked my newly uploaded pics on teh dust collector and all appears fine. Can you try again to see if you still get the X's (oh ya I hope you are using IE).

Buzz, it's saying "The page cannot be found" when I click them. I'm using firefox, people still use that rat trap of a browser ie?

Sorry BP092... but yup people like ME are still using it.... and develope to it. I actually only test my pages against IE. Tell me is this the only page that you cannot get to under my cncmachine web page.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz9075 View Post
    Sorry BP092... but yup people like ME are still using it.... and develope to it. I actually only test my pages against IE. Tell me is this the only page that you cannot get to under my cncmachine web page.
    Hello
    Just to let you know...I tried to look at your new page as well and I got the same results as BP092.....that is no pictures just blank squares with red x.
    I tried using both firefox latest rev and also that ?????? ie browser.

Hope this helps....Doug

I use IE and get only "The page cannot be found" when I try to access your web page.
    Herman
    Disclaimer: Not affiliated with any company or business. Happily Retired.

Thanks for the help guys. I just rebooted the server and tried again all must stuff appears OK. Can you try again. I did a refresh on the page so that it would recalculate the information. Can you see the first picture on the initial page or just the ones on the page of the dust collector?

Thanks again

Thanks for the help guys. I just rebooted the server and tried again all must stuff appears OK. Can you try again. I did a refresh on the page so that it would recalculate the information. Can you see the first picture on the initial page or just the ones on the page of the dust collector?

Thanks again
    Just tried again still no-go on both browsers.
    Picture on main page ok but when clicking on picture it takes you to next page with the blank squares with broken clips in top left corner of square. when you click on these squares you get page can't be found error.

I also just checked the page from your sequence picture and it refers you to pages with all the text but where the pictures should be ....are again blank squares.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fatham View Post
    Just tried again still no-go on both browsers.
    Picture on main page ok but when clicking on picture it takes you to next page with the blank squares with broken clips in top left corner of square. when you click on these squares you get page can't be found error.

I also just checked the page from your sequence picture and it refers you to pages with all the text but where the pictures should be ....are again blank squares.
    Cheers
    It seems to be okay I can see the pictures.

Buzz what is the air chuck for in the 4th picture?

Rick

Something is very strange. So I changed the names of all my pictures from dusthood4_xxx.jpg to dusthood4xxx.jpg and recompiled the web page and then uploaded it again. I can see that I am getting the new page because the text below the pictures indicates the new picture names. Can you give it a try again.

As well are you only seeing the problem with the sequence and dust collection pages or others as well.

Thanks again for you help getting this straightened out.

Something is very strange. So I changed the names of all my pictures from dusthood4_xxx.jpg to dusthood4xxx.jpg and recompiled the web page and then uploaded it again. I can see that I am getting the new page because the text below the pictures indicates the new picture names. Can you give it a try again.

As well are you only seeing the problem with the sequence and dust collection pages or others as well.

Thanks again for you help getting this straightened out.
    Well I don't know why I can't see the new pages or the sequence page all the rest appear OK. It seems odd that RDHHARM can see them OK.

Cheers....Doug

On the newdustcollector page, I have 2 questions?
    Do you see the title of "New Dust Collector 2" the 2 indicates you have loaded the new build.
    Do you see the titles for the pictures with an _ in them or with out? for example DustHood4001.jpg or DustHood4_001.jpg.

Do you see the title of "New Dust Collector 2" the 2 indicates you have loaded the new build.
    Do you see the titles for the pictures with an _ in them or with out? for example DustHood4001.jpg or DustHood4_001.jpg.
    I see on your newdustcollector page 2

On the titles for the pictures are Dusthood4001.jpg(Highres)

Hope this helps.

Buzz I see without and New Dust Collector 2.

Like this DustHood4001.jpg

Rick

To those with problems viewing Buzz0975's web pages via MSIE. Close MSIE and then through control panel, or some other means, clear IE's browser cache (Temporary Internet Files). When the cache is cleared, fire up MSIE and try loading Buzz0975's pages again to see if it makes a difference.

HTH,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Yup it helps, tells me you are loading the new page which means you have also flushed any bad caches. I don't know what is going on... anyone else go any ideas what might be wrong her. To recap, I have not done anything new from any other page I build, I rebuilt the page, I rebooted the server.

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    To those with problems viewing Buzz0975's web pages via MSIE. Close MSIE and then through control panel, or some other means, clear IE's browser cache (Temporary Internet Files). When the cache is cleared, fire up MSIE and try loading Buzz0975's pages again to see if it makes a difference.

HTH,
    I think HayTay is correct and delete browsing history in IE and you should be good to go.

Rick

Page 75 of 88 2565737475767785