588,225 active members*
4,787 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Thanks for that info Victor most of the bits I have bought are, luckily, carbide. I have also ordered a couple that ate tiain coated or something want to try engrave glass soon haha

Hey all

question - as stupid as this may sound - on the access door on the side of the CNC is 2 switches and just above is a small control type box with a turn/trim pot and a few buttons and red screen - what is this for and am i supposed to do something with it?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by shearder View Post
    Hey all

question - as stupid as this may sound - on the access door on the side of the CNC is 2 switches and just above is a small control type box with a turn/trim pot and a few buttons and red screen - what is this for and am i supposed to do something with it?

Thanks in advance.
    Anyone have an idea about this?

of your description possible the inverter... it is controlled from gcode..
    if you dont know how it works... then just leave in its state..
    they set well in the factory...

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    of your description possible the inverter... it is controlled from gcode..
    if you dont know how it works... then just leave in its state..
    they set well in the factory...
    Hey thanks for the response Victor! Yeah it is a small panel plugged into the inverter. If there is noting i need to do then that's cool

I also chaged my stepping yesterday - it was 0,00625 changed to 0,001 and changed the NCStudio parameters to match.

Should be capable of much finer work now

Hey again - A question about engraving knives:

If one looks at a hunting knife, as an example, and you hold it with the top edge facing up and the cutting edge pointing to the ground the top edge is at times MUCH thicker. If one places this on a platform for it to be engraved by the CNC machine how would you secure it so that the edge is perfectly horizontal and level because it would be laying at an angle.

DO you go to the pains of creating someting in CAD to hold it which compensates for the angle OR do yuo do something else?

I have the KelingInc version of this machine 2' x 3' (6090). Will it buzz through aluminum? Yes. I have found that you must use flood coolant though. Keep in mind that this is a CNC router. The spindle speeds are that of 12000 - 24000 RPM. Without coolant you will get chip welding and break bits. I have had the best luck with single flute carbide router end mills (expensive) and 2 flute carbide conventional endmills. Also at 24000 RPM coolant and chips get everywhere. It is a mess. I recently purchased a g0704 and converted it to CNC to do ALL my milling and the 6090 is now a plasma cutter seen here [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hip27t1Ihs]CNC Milling / CNC Plasma Cutter Hypertherm Powermax 45 - YouTube[/ame]

thats very cool
    do you have active heigthcontrol?

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    thats very cool
    do you have active heigthcontrol?
    No. It's expensive and I haven't seen the need for it at all. I have never had anything come out with a bad cut finish or a piece move on me. You would need it if cutting corrugated metal, but I never will. I like it because you can just throw a piece of material on it with no clamping and cut. I know others swear by electronic THC or touchdown but I just can't justify the money for something at this point is not necessary.
    Disclaimer:::::::The above is my opinion and not the opinion of people who have THC and have a million reasons why you have to have it

Hi all

OK i am now wondering about tolerances! If i am cutting Acrylic and using steel rods through the holes etc through holes drilled into acrylic. If i have an 8mm rodwhat should the tolerances be for the hole so it goes through but is not wobbling around? i.e 8.1mm?? Thanks in advance. And that is just ONE example.

This may sound really stupid but I have been machining plastics polycarbonate and acrylic. Thing is how do I tell the mill needs to be replaced? Still "feels" sharp. ..

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

when it melts and there are no chips

nice machine

Thanks Bl@ckrat so far no melting Hehehe thanks for your response. Makes sense

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 12