588,208 active members*
3,936 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > FeatureCAM CAD/CAM > Keep out / boundary for clamps

Keep out / boundary for clamps

I think I have tried everything, but I must be missing something. I need to setup zones (for clamping) in my part that will not be milled away. I plan to mill everything inside first, then relocate the clamps to the inside and finish by cutting the outer border.
    This works fine for parts which have a nice pocket inside them, but if the pocket is not fully closed, FeatureCAM wanders out and cuts the outside of the part as well (where the clamps are).

I want to set a simple curve or whatever that a certain feature will never cross, how can I do that?

Or maybe I'm just working against the program. So how can I do it differently? Here's a picture of the part:

Real quick, look into boudary curves--- i'll look in later, gota go!!

I believe you call the feature you wish to cut a m"side" when setting up your curves. Do not use the auto function for pulling out he feature. Use the string option to string together each face of the feature you want to machine. This way the cutter never goes to the outside. Be aware of the lead in and lead out for the cuts as the can hit other features of not set up properly