588,665 active members*
4,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Kflop+kstep out of syn

Kflop+kstep out of syn:

My router setup for 2 steppers on X axis, channel 3 slaved to channel 0, when X axis hitting the limit switch the kmotioncnc screen turn into yellow, the operator should recycle power so the kmotioncnc turn back to green but they don’t, and do the homing, seem like channel 0 and channel 3 not in syn and twist the gantry, is it possible to do the hard wire from kstep JP36

---- pin15(channel0-step) to pin21(channel3-step) and
    ---- pin16(channel0-dir) to pin22(channel3-dir)

And remove the slave feature from init.c,
    my init.c flashed into user memory.
    Thanks Ltran

Hi Ltran,

I don't fully understand the problem. If your Init and Home programs properly initialize and home the axes there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe only the slave is disabled or something? Could you describe in more detail what is happening and post your Init and Home programs?

Although it would probably be possible to wire the Step/Dir Signals together it really shouldn't be necessary, you wouldn't be able to "square" the axis with software, and I wouldn't recommend it.

We also don't recommend you Flash User Programs into the board. It is better to just initialize KFLOP from the PC from scratch each time. The only time you really need to flash User Programs and settings is when you don't have a PC connection.

Regards
    TK
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Hi Tom
    Thanks for the response, yes I think the problem is my homing code too, it happen some time like that, most the other time it is ok, could you please take a look of my init and homing code , if I add the "square",how will my homing code look like ? also can you add the external feed hold to my init, I added one to it but some time it work, some time it is not, thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Where is your code?

Oh now I see it.
    TK

Hi LTran,

To "square" the slaved X axes you need to have separate home switches for both X axes. To home we then do not slave the axes, but Jog them both at the same time and speed. Then while it is moving we watch both switches and stop the corresponding axis when either of the switches trip. After both switches are detected and both axes stop the axes should be square. Or if not perfectly square we can move one of the axes a slight amount to make it square. The two axes are then slaved.

Does this sound like what you would like to do? Can you add another switch?
    Regards
    TK

Hi Tom
    I have no problem to add another switch,base on my code can you make it "square"homing,i have read some one here posted a code to square the gantry but have no confident to do it, right now I still have the problem with homing, 90% of the time it home ok, something error
    x and x slaved not in syn, can you look at my homing code, that is why I want to hard wire to solve the problem without bothering you,can you add the feed hold to init.c too, Thanks

Hi LTran,

I tried to add the feedhold+resume to the Init.c program and add the squarex function to the Home.c program. I assumed that the second X Home switch would be bit number 171. See the:

#define X1_HOME_SW 171

You will need to update the define for the Feedhold input bit:

#define FEEDHOLDBIT 48 // set to the external feedhold input bit

Please look them over then give them a try.
    Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TK

Thanks for your time, I will add another switch for X1 and try these.