588,049 active members*
4,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

Arrow KMotion CNC.net

Hello fellow KFloppers,

It is likely that a lot of you follow the Yahoo forums as well so this may not be news, but in case there are kFlop users that only visit this CNCZone forum, I wanted to make a small anouncement::

MM is still under development, but is likely overkill for what most people want to do.

I have been doing a lot of Web development lately and naturally that led to me wanting to make an HTML based CNC controller!

So after a few late nights and weekends away from home I have what I belive to be a pretty much finished product to share with you all.

You can download the patch dlls for your KMotion428 install, the application .zip file and even the source code from here::

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/D...ion%20CNC.net/

Other than tool path display and text editing, it has all the functionality of KMotionCNC and should be a very painless conversion as all the setup parameters are similar.

Mach users will need to adjust their jogging velocity parameters a little as KMotionCNC.net uses inches per second rather that inches per minute.

Happy to hear any feedback and feature requests.

-Brad Murry

Lightbulb KMotionCNC.net

Here are the first screens that come with KMotion.net

The beauty of being HTML based is you can make custom screens fairly easily by hand and super easy with a web designer tool.

The HTML stuff is automagically linked in to the Kflop controller code by setting id attributes, some custom attributes and optionally some javascript hooks for access to some extra goodies.

-Brad Murry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Main Screen.jpg   Offsets Screen.jpg   Settings Screen.png  

Hello Brad,
    Did you see my post on Yahoo about the MDI not working correctly?

Troy

Hello Troy,

I did not see that one, sometimes the Yahoo forum just does not seem to like me.

I cannot reproduce the problem, when I enter G0X1 I get X=1..

Can you try it again? Also, can you tell me if it actually tries to move the 25" or if it is just displaying it.

Thank you
    -Brad Murry

Here is my procedure, my post was to veg. sorry

1 Start app
    2 Run my Init C program from button 9. (C program is from my Mach3 configuration, unchanged)
    3 Jog axes
    4 Zero axis
    5 MDI G0X1. then click EXE beside MDI line.

And there is no movement of axis. The DRO changes to a random number, but nothing what i input. But when i try to jog axis again the DRO is way off. I estimate a jog of .250" and DRO displays around 5 or 6.00.

The only way to get axis DRO to display correctly is to restart app.

HTH
    Troy

Hello Troy,

I do not have a InitMach.c program, can you upload yours here so I can use it to debug your issue.

BTW, I wonder if using the KMotionCNC init file would be better?

-Brad Murry

Here is my C program for Mach3. Tom did all the programming, i only did some copy and paste. So i dont know how much help i can be at explaining what is what.

Troy
    Attached Files Attached Files

What does 'Manual Mode' do, and what is it used for?

-Brad Murry

Hi Brad,

If I remember correctly, manual mode allows the operator to turn the motors by hand and still have the Mach3 DROs update showing encoder position (glass scale position). It does this by sending a signal to disable the amplifiers and switches the axis modes from Closed Loop to Open Loop to avoid any following error faults. I think there also was an issue with the particular breakout board that disabling the amplifers automatically asserted eStop which threw Mach3 into eStop and we couldn't get Mach3 to udate the external encoder DROs while in eStop. So we ended up making a "virtual estop bit" which was the logical combination of the external eStop and not Manual mode. Also when switching from manual back to Auto the destinations need to be set the the glass scale position before the steppers are re-enabled.

Probably more than you needed to know :}

TK
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Thats right on Tom. But, the breakout board that iam using doesnt have the Estop issue. That was the PMDX-132 that i used at a shop i worked at, iam using the PMDX-125 for my Mill Drill.

Troy

Hey Brad,
    Did my C Program scare you off Serious, you probaly like me, got alot of projects going, just wondering if CNC.net is still going.

Thanks,
    Troy

Hello Troy,

Not at all! I think we can easily simulate your functionality with some user buttons.

I have been feverishly busy getting the next version of the DynoMotion.net API's ready. There are a ton of new features being introduced as well as many changes to make things more reliable and performant.

I wont bore you with the details, but it has created a lot of work for both Tom and I but I think it will make .net apps work a lot better with the Kflop.

Once 429 is complete, I will be back to KMCNC.net... or should we call it KflopWebNC? ... I am terrible at naming things and usually just add a suffix to an existing product or slap 'Manager' and the end of what it does

Anywho, there should be some notable progress next week and I would really like to help get it working on your machine.

Cheers,

Brad Murry

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to being able to help. ( Or being the guinea pig.)
    KmotionWeb?, WebCNC, hmmmm.... Nope not any better at naming

Thanks again,
    Troy

Hello Brad,

Tried out the KFLOPWebNC, and noticed a few things....
    MDI now works as expected.But when doing a G0X0 the rapid is way faster than what i have set in the settings.

Running a gcode(roadrunner) seems to work good. Making changes to FRO takes about 4 seconds before an update to feedrate happens.

My closed loop settings in my init C program does not work. It just runs as open loop. I then opened Kmotion and ran same C program and still no closed loop. I opened the Axis screen in Kmotion and the Axis1(Yaxis)Position was accumulating, but my Y axis was not moving at all.

Reinstalled 4.28,
    Ill try to do some more trouble shooting later, need mill right now.

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by bradodarb View Post
    (COPIED THIS FROM YAHOO FORUM)
    Hello Troy,

Thanks for the feedback!

Rapids:

What do you have in the settings?

FRO:
    How many seconds of look ahead time do you have in the T Planner parameters?(I'm guessing around 4)

I would be interested to hear from Tom why your c program would not run from KMotion.

BTW, there are many upgrades coming to WebNC.

Thank again,
    Brad Murry
    Hi Brad,
    Counts per inch--15000,Max Accel--12,Max Vel--100, Jog Vel--2

Ahhh Didnt pay attention to the look ahead option on Settings page, sorry

Troy

Brad,
    Got some better test results. Reinstalled 4.29z before i used mach3 this time and now my C program works, closed loop is now working.

Tried setting look ahead to 0,no dice, WebNC crashed. So i set LookAhead to 1 and now works.

Tried a gcode (roadrunner) and at about line 1029 to 1032 all axis get REAAALLL slloooww. Almost like the accel drops way down and the ramping up and down is slow. After this i must power cycle KFLOP to get speeds back to normal.

HTH
    Troy

Hay Brad,
    Changed the look ahead to 3 and now when Gcode line 1031 is reached there is about a 1 second pause, this gcode and machine continues.
    But,
    I also noticed that when a MDI move or a Gcode is executed, my steps per inch changes. But does not change in the settings page.
    Example:
    I have 15000 set in the settings page. Jogging machine and watching my dial indicator shows all is correct. As soon as i do a MDI or run a Gcode then my movement is alot smaller... a programed move of .100 actually only moves machine axis .004 (inches). But DRO on WebNC shows .100.

After this i must power cycle KFLOP to get correct Steps Per Inch movement again.

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Need TECH Help! View Post
    --- In DynoMotion@***********.com, Tom Kerekes <tk@...> wrote:
    >
    > Hi Troy,
    > Â
    > I don't know, but sounds like a MM/Inch problem. As an experiment try typing G20 to see if it fixes it.
    > Â
    > Regards
    > TK
    from yahoo forum

That fixed it Tom. Works on the MDI also, which seems kinda strange that i can have a G20 and A G00 move on the same line when doing a MDI. But it works now.

As for slow down on gcode line 1031, here is a snippet of the code...
    1029 G1 X0.825193 Y3.115730 Z-0.100000
    1030 G1 X0.883909 Y3.237410 Z-0.100000
    1031 G0 X0.883909 Y3.237410 Z0.200000 (Here is where slow down happens when Look Ahead is set at 1, if set at 3, then programs stops at this line for about 1 second then continues till it reaches the next line that has a Z0.200000.)
    1032 G0 X0.431939 Y2.436180 Z0.200000
    1033 G1 X0.431939 Y2.436180 Z-0.100000

Troy

Hay Brad,
    Wondering if you have an update on whats happening with WebNC?

Troy

Page 1 of 4 123