587,263 active members*
3,478 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

Greetings,

I searched the forums and did not find a solution, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

When I set the velocity and acceleration using the KMotion console or C code to the KFlop channels, it affects the G0 speed as expected.

But, the only way I can seem to increase the speed of the G1 commands is by increasing the counts per inch inside of the KMotionCNC, setting the velocity parameter right next to the counts / inch doesn’t seem to accomplish anything.

Does anyone know of a reason why the motor would not increase in speed when I adjust the velocity, but can keep being adjusted upwards in speed by changing the counts per inch?

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can provide some insight.

Re: KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

Are you setting the G1 speed via an F command?

Re: KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

I am having the same problem. If I move in 1 inch increments with KmotionCNC it moves nice and fast. But if I use the jog buttons, it moves really slow. I tried velocity values from 1 to 420 in the trajectory planner and it still moves at the same speed. The only way I can get it to move fast is by changing counts/inch, but then my 1 inch moves is no longer 1 inch.

EDIT: It moves nice and fast when I use step response in Kmotion. It's only when controlling it with KmotionCNC. I even tried changing feedrate in the gcode program.

EDIT2: I think I figured it out. I changed the "jog" values from 1 to 10 in the trajectory planner and was able to obtain the speeds we are looking for.