588,487 active members*
5,475 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > KMP-3 spindle speed and chip door

KMP-3 spindle speed and chip door

I have a couple issues, the machine has been down the last couple of months and I'm trying to get it going again, I have the help of a couple electrical engineering types that understand the specifics better then I do.

I couldn't get the machine to power up and the guys took a look at it and in short order I screen to come on and started to go through the start up procedure, this is when I got the message "chip door is open", I have never seen this message before on any of the Hurcos I've ran, this machine doesn't have a chip door/guard or anything else. I couldn't get the machine to zero as all it would do is give me this message. What got activated and how do I get rid of it.

The second issue is the spindle speed control, while the machine wouldn't zero because of the other issue, when I turned on the spindle the speed controller slowed all the way, I am in high range and have the default spindle speed set at 1250 rpm. I stopped the spindle and used the manual override to increase speed when I turned the spindle on again, the speed increased but as soon as I let go the speed started slowing again and would not speed up when trying the override unless I stopped the spindle first.
    This happened once before but for some reason it stopped, now it's back again.

TIA

The machine has got to have a wire connecting the personality connector MP1-18 to 0v to stop this message coming up if it is a Max32.
    Are you sure the two plugs MP1 & MP3 haven't been swapped?