587,834 active members*
3,322 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

KRMx01 CNC free book download

The KRMx01 was designed and built for the sole purpose of writing my first CNC how-to book. It took me six months to design and build and another six months to write the book.

Just as I had finished the book, a friend of mine offered me several booths at the DC Science and Engineering Fair to demo the machine. I told him that it was not designed to be easily transported. He then replied, “Design another, that is.”

Six months later the KRMx02 CNC was born. I had no idea that the success of the KRMx02 book would soon orphan the KRMx01 book.

Most of my time is now spent working on and supporting the KRMx02 book. I didn’t want the work that I put into the KRMx01 to go to waste so I decided to offer the book as a free download.

The KRMx01 download page is located here:

KRMx01 Digital Download

You can download the complete KRMx01 book, BOM and configuration files.

In order to keep the book download to under 5MB, the resolution on the illustrations and layout drawings have been reduced. There are a couple that are a bit hard to read. I will post higher resolution images of those requested in this forum on a as needed basis.

Please note that the download is a interactive PDF with some links and is not printable. If you want a printed version of the book it is available at a reduced price on Amazon here:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1938687108/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&cr eativeASIN=1938687108&linkCode=as2&tag=kronosrobot ic-20]Amazon.com: Building the KRMx01 CNC: The Illustrated Guide to Building a High Precision CNC (9781938687105): Mr Michael Simpson: Books[/ame]

You can get more information on the KRMx01 CNC here:
    Building the KRMx01 CNC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails krmx01.jpg  
    Author of: The KRMx01 CNC Books, The KRMx02 CNC Books, The KRmc01 CNC Milling Machine Books, and Building the HANS Electric Gear Clock. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com