587,481 active members*
2,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: KTK Drive

KTK Drive

Does anyone have a manual for the KTK drives that came in the bridgeport machining centers. Mine came with a CT drive and I am having it replaced with a new drive. My prints show the wiring for the KTK drive. I need to know what wire input numbers 4,5 and 12 are for. They are all tied to wire number 27 but i would like to find out what the drive calls out for these positions.

Thanks,
    Craig
    940-206-0830 collect if you need
    [email protected]

I have a KTK manual and the Bridgeport maintenance course notes. Need your email address.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks George! You are a great help as always.

[email protected]

I have another question for you. I have call Bpt but I cant seem to get any support from them at all.

The tech working on the machine has installed a new CT drive. The spindle is rated at 6000 rpm. When the control applies 72% the spindle is only turing around 1500 rpm or so. Do you know the details of the motor for the prameters in the drive. Also the tech is asking questions about number of pulses ect...that I cant answer. Do you know what he is asking for?

Thanks,
    Craig

The details of the motor should be stamped into a plate on the side though you may have to physically remove the motor from the machine to be able to see it.

On a semi-related note. Is Contraves & KTK the same thing or are they two different companies ?
    Dom
    http://www.ukrobotics.com/projects

The first machines came with contraves spindle drives. Later machines were built with the KTK. Not interchangable.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)