587,999 active members*
5,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > lathe groove back offset

lathe groove back offset

Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble adjusting the back offset on the groove command. Our "company standard" when finishing a groove is to touch off both sides of the groove insert, left side being the primary, and the right side of insert being the secondary/back offset. All of our hand written program us this format so they can program using "hard numbers" for each side of the groove wall without having subtract the insert width. However in mastercam when I use the back offset option the post will put out the correct tool back offset but the code is still being programmed from the 'left side of the insert" when finishing the right side groove wall. How do I fix this?

I used to cheat by telling mastercam that the groove tool was only .0002 wide. The hard numbers would then only be just that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by NV529 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble adjusting the back offset on the groove command. Our "company standard" when finishing a groove is to touch off both sides of the groove insert, left side being the primary, and the right side of insert being the secondary/back offset. All of our hand written program us this format so they can program using "hard numbers" for each side of the groove wall without having subtract the insert width. However in mastercam when I use the back offset option the post will put out the correct tool back offset but the code is still being programmed from the 'left side of the insert" when finishing the right side groove wall. How do I fix this?
    You company has always been doing it wrong. MasterCam says so.