587,316 active members*
3,433 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Lighting CNC

Lighting CNC

OK for starters I did do my research on them and found that they are a new company and starting fresh. So why not take a chance and help a new company out? Well I did and I ordered 5x5 M4 table from lighting on the 17th of December, I know they have build time and holidays Christmas new years so yes the table took a little longer to get here which is fine. I got my table on the 21st of January (yesterday) So I set my day off for yesterday and had one of my employees PAID come to my house to help get it all together. 20 minutes later I found the directions are not for this table so we finally get it figured out. Only to find we have missing parts. I called lighting yesterday and let them know that the directions are wrong and I have missing parts. They told me that they will ship overnight today the missing parts. So I can not go off of what others say. I think lighting cnc is doing a great job the parts I do have look really good and are built well. The computer that came with it runs really good. This is as far as my review on them can go as I can not say how well the table works as of yet I'm hoping by Friday I can. Thanks for reading I hope all goes well.

Well I'm new to this forum as well as new to the Plasma world and tables and all the confussion ... I've been studying tables and found Lighting online and became very interested. Then found this forum and a closed thread where some folks was have nightmares with that company ...Geez just how do you know? I like the price BUT they are a long ways from me and being so new to this "plasma world" scares a person when there is so much negative.

Then all this computer talk, cad, mach3 on and on ... I can hardly start a computer.

MY other parts did ship out as I was told they would. Now on to putting this table together. It would be easier with written directions instead you get a video. The video quality is poor to say the least. It was also of a different table than what I had gotten. After I got the table together. I wired it up really easy maybe the easiest part of the table. Next on to first start up Friday night around 11:30 I think. The table started with one problem the Z axis would not move. you could hear it move but it just said NO.. So I took a break from working on it for about a hour. Then a thought came to mind something is too tight to not let it move. So I go out to the garage and start looking around to find what was the problem I think. So I messed around with it and it was a simple jam.. go figure.. (I know it should do this right at start up) once I got that fixed I went over all my axis's X works great y works great Z works great now. Then the computer locks up.. Cant get it to turn on, cant do anything with it. So banging my head on the desk thinking "damn this really hurts not only to my head but I'm starting to think my pocket book as well". So I sent a message to lighting 24/7 tech support as it states on their web site. Well today around 230 pm my time I got a email back from the best person I think works at lighting Chauntra and she stated to me that she would have a tech guy call me on Monday. So all in all if you want to get something from them ask for Chauntra. So back to my write up. With the little things here and there for the price of this table it is a good deal. Also think about things first, they have been open now for around 2 years. So starting up takes time everyone must understand that it takes time to get things right. it takes time to get all the things they need together to ship. If they forget something do not get mad just call them up and let them know also take pictures of everything as it goes together send the pictures to lighting do not be afraid to ask if something is wrong. They will answer you be nice and kind treat them with the respect that you would want to be treated with and things will go smoothly.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again,this time more intelligently.

I will be posting pictures and a short video when I have time. blueriver do not be afraid to call them. They will help you. Also do not be afraid to go to a shop that has a cnc table and ask them about it. We were all new at this once in our lifetime. I will help if I can I do not know all the in and out but I can figure things out. Time and research is what it takes

Did you buy the slats or do them yourself?

Bought them when we bought the table.

Got any updates to share? Are you using the machine?

yes i am sorry i have not updated this.. had a few problems got them worked out with lighting i have used the machine I have not used it for plasma cutting as of yet. < due to the fact someone thought that they needed my plasma more then i did or it grew legs and walked off.. a size 13 foot prints is what we found...... So I do not have a new plasma cutter yet... i have used it for wood routing in it works great. I got some pictures ill get up later today or tomorrow. so far everything has been really easy to work with. Lighting has beed great with fast responses and wonderful customer service. Chauntra is the person i worked with and still work with if i have any questions or problems.