588,029 active members*
4,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Looking for a CNC mill which fits through a 30" door. Help!

Looking for a CNC mill which fits through a 30" door. Help!

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a CNC mill, for small aluminum work and maybe easy to machine stainless. I would like to get it CNC ready, so i don't have to go through the trouble of retrofitting... it seems like some people are going through hell getting this done. I'm willing to spend up to 10 000$

My limiting factor is the 30" doorway and tight hallway it has to cross to get to the basement.

I've been looking at:

cncmaster.com's CNC Jr. Mill
    industrialhobbies
    tormach (which i don't think will fit, unless i remove the door frame)
    X3 (which i'm not sure can be bought CNC ready)

I want a stable and rigid machine with good accuracy, and which gives a nice finish.

Any suggestions as to where i should look or buy? (PS, I live in Canada)
    Any info would be valuable.

Is there any reason no one here talks about dyna mytes and emco mills? are they much to expensive?

Thanks
    Aleks.

The Tormach will fit if you take it apart. I had a similar situation with a even smaller door and they told me, "Your choice is between removing the columm + cabinet assembly from the base, or removing the cabinet from the column + base assembly." Call or email them to confirm.

Syil sells a CNC X3 or Super X3 that is shipped from China... (waiting on mine). They have quite a few options. Email them for pricing.

Good luck.

FWIW, a Tormach will be delivered to me in about 4 weeks and it will have to fit through several 30" doorways. No doubt it will have to be partially disassembled in order to do so but I haven't out the details yet.

Mike

The HAAS Office Mill OM-1 VMC will and it has an ATC. http://www.haascnc.com/VMC_MODEL_OM.asp#VMCTreeModel
    It's not a Bench Top but it has wheels. Sneek it in the closet next to the Washer and Dryer. No one will ever know it's there.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com