588,212 active members*
4,479 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

looking for cutmaster 102

I am looking for cutmaster 102. There seem to be so many references, I need help to make the correct purchase.

I want a cutmaster 102 with mechanical torch of 25ft and a cnc interface to hook up to my dynatorch controller. Please also provide the model reference number such as 1-1332-1 and the rest such as the sl100 torch.

Metalcut.

Metalcut,

You can google "cutmaster102" and find that info. Before you do...click on the link below to look at the Hypertherm Powermax1250. It is an 80 amp unit...compared to the cutmaster 100 amps.....but cuts at the same speeds, same thicknesses...has higher duty cycle and is much more versatile as far as input voltages go....it's circuitry automatically adjusts for any input voltage from 190 volts to 600 volts...single or 3 phase.....so during low voltage or brownouts...or operating from a generator there will be minimal affect to the cutting arc. The 1250 also features FineCut consumables that use Hypertherm's HyDef technology to provide for superior cut quality on materials thinner than 3/16". Don't just go with amperage ratings...look at the whole picture...and if you can, try one out at the local welding supply!

http://www.hypertherm.com/en/Product...wermax1250.jsp

Best regards, Jim Colt

Smile Hypertherm 1250 the way to go

Jim Colt,
    Thank you for this wonderful info. I will take this advise. Thank you for this timely advise. I just want a machine just like you describe.Can you recommend a reliable supplier.
    Thank you

Metalcut

Metalcut,

Let me know your location...I'll check which welding distributor is close by....or you can look it up on the Hypertherm website, www.hypertherm.com

Jim

I am in Malaysia. The distributor is charging at a premium and not very cooperative. They send me on ' merry go-round' . I am looking for a unit with cnc interface but they have manual machine. So I am trying to get a unit by myself for the source country.

Thank you

Metalcut,

The cnc interface is standard in the Hypertherm 1250.

Thank you

metal cut

What do I look for on the machine to ensure that it's cnc ready.

Thanks

A CNC ready plasma needs at least 3 things......

1. Raw Arc Voltage (the voltage as measured between the negative electrode and the positive workpiece)...this is used by the arc voltage based torch height control system to control torch to workpiece distance.

2. Plasma Start. This is an input to the plasma from the CNC....basically a contact closure to start the plasma....and release of contact closure to stop.

3. Arc Transferred. This is an output from the plasma system....a contact closure that indicates the arc has established electrical contact with the workpiece. If for any reason the arc extinguishes....or the torch dives off the edge of the workpiece...this contact will open. This is used to allow the cutting machine to move...or to stop the movement in the event the arc extinguishes.

The Powermax 1250 has both plasma start and arc transfer signals available on a connector on the rear panel. The arc voltage connection is available inside the power supply....you must remove the cover to connect to this signal. The start signal on this rear panel connector is only active when the machine torch is installed...with a hand torch installed the start signal is inactive for safety reasons.

Jim Colt

1-1334-1 Cutmaster A80 180 Degree 25' Automated Plasma Cutter

Hi Jim,

Have you come across Cutmaster A80 180 degree 25' automated plasma cutter?
    How does it compare to the Hypertherm 1250?

Thanks

Metalcut

I guess I've never heard of that one.....it sounds like the designator for just a 25' mechanized (180 degree) torch.

jim