587,600 active members*
4,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for a laser engraver

Hellow, this is my first post and hope not mist the correct place to put it.
    Im an toy artisan from Spain, Ive allways made all wooden toy and fabric dols with our hands, but we are now lookin for a laser cutter & engraver to be more competitive, the prices here are verry high over 25.000 € for a til 3050 - 30x50 cm table 60w.
    The problems comes that these people does not inform me the origin from these equipment and Ive got an offer from a Chinese company with an identic machine, with the diference of cost, about 4000 USD FOB Valencia with an extra lamp and mirros, lent, and others.
    As the situation of the economy at the moment is so hard, im thinking to importet directly from China, as Im not an industrial manufacture will these be a good tool for me¿?
    Theve send me all docs includin CE and ISO9000 Docs and give me a garanty for one year.
    Can some one give me a hand.
    Thank.
    Horace Jackson

Horace,
    For a first-time laser user I would recommend staying away from the Chinese lasers. They are sometimes problematic to get working properly and the software interface is not the best. I know 4,000 is a lot of money but it will be well spent if you can avoid some of the setup and usage problems that you are likely to have with the Chinese lasers. The best advice is to find out who has local support and put them high on your list.

Good luck!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by LaserImage View Post
    Horace,
    For a first-time laser user I would recommend staying away from the Chinese lasers. They are sometimes problematic to get working properly and the software interface is not the best. I know 4,000 is a lot of money but it will be well spent if you can avoid some of the setup and usage problems that you are likely to have with the Chinese lasers. The best advice is to find out who has local support and put them high on your list.

Good luck!

Gary
    Thank Gary, the thing is that here they demand me for 25000€ for a very little one and as you see the diference is a lot of money, I´ll have planty of extra money to spend in learning, but the point is if at the end of learnig how to use it are god tools.
    Thanks again.

Horace