588,297 active members*
4,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > looking for mentor/advice in west washington state

looking for mentor/advice in west washington state

I am considering buying a cnc machine shop in western washington. i have never owned one or have machined before. I am a business man that has owned 5 other types of companies but not manufacturing.
    The company isnt very old and has more than one cnc and many other tools. Seems very well equipped. The current owners are needing to retire. It has made a profit each year but I am really wondering what current shop owners think about the course this type of business is on. It doesnt really specialize in any particular field and seems to be a "job shop" Has about 8 current customers.
    Sure appreciate any feedback.

Hey there, I'm in Spokane and just saw your post here. I don't know if you have made a decision on this shop yet, but I wanted to ask: What kind of CNC machines does the shop have? If they are Swiss CNC machines you may have a great opportunity to run and expand the shop. Any CNC's can do that for you, but I know that Swiss machines are great and versatile.